235/55/18 Tyre pressures

there should be a sticker on inside pillar drivers door, showing variable pressures against load/passengers

I've just fitted a set of Cross Climate 235 55 18 tyres to my T6.1. Does anybody know what pressures I should run these at? I've set them to 48psi (cold) all round.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
I was looking at this exact same wheel and tyre combination! - great to see it on someones van - looks much better that the Devonports but not too bling and still practical I expect. If you were able to share some insights it would be very much appreciated:
Are you happy generally with the setup?
Has your adaptive cruise control been affected?
Looks like 4mo - did you match the rolling radius of the spare and if so did it fit in the carrier ok? (I thought a 215/65/17 tyre on the spare would be close enough not to cause diff issues as a get me home)
Do you have an idea of the weight of the wheel? Significantly different to the Devonports?
With kind regards, Graham

Forgot to say - just double checking it's a Rogue Raw?
Yes, they are Rogue Raw.

I'm happy with the set up. Its much better than the Devonports and the Continental van tyres that came with it. The road noise is less with the Cross Climates and the traction has also improved. Definitely much better all round.

My speedo now reads exactly the same as my GPS mph. So 30, 40, 50mph, etc on the speedo is exactly that.

The adaptive cruise control works as before.

Yes, its a 4Motion. I decided just to stick with the 17" steel spare as like you, I thought it would be good enough to get me out of trouble.

I didn't weigh the wheels but I certainly don't think they are any heavier that what I replaced.

The Rogue Raws come with a set of wheel nuts but these are different to the VW ones. I've put a set of the VW ones in the glove box in case I need to use them with the spare. Also, the Rogue wheel nuts need a 17mm socket (you'll also need another wheel wrench). I've added a decent wheel wrench and socket to the van. I really struggled to get my locking wheel nuts off... There was no way they were coming off with the shi**y VW wheel wrench and socket. The nuts seemed like they were made of butter... I had to use a rattle gun. The locking wheel nuts from Rogue are far superior.

The only negative I have is the VW logo on the front two wheels disappeared after around 4 weeks... the rears are still there. I think they are maybe just stuck on... I haven't taken a close look to be honest. The all black also looks quite good!

I would definitely recommend the set up. Good luck.

Yes, they are Rogue Raw.

I'm happy with the set up. Its much better than the Devonports and the Continental van tyres that came with it. The road noise is less with the Cross Climates and the traction has also improved. Definitely much better all round.

My speedo now reads exactly the same as my GPS mph. So 30, 40, 50mph, etc on the speedo is exactly that.

The adaptive cruise control works as before.

Yes, its a 4Motion. I decided just to stick with the 17" steel spare as like you, I thought it would be good enough to get me out of trouble.

I didn't weigh the wheels but I certainly don't think they are any heavier that what I replaced.

The Rogue Raws come with a set of wheel nuts but these are different to the VW ones. I've put a set of the VW ones in the glove box in case I need to use them with the spare. Also, the Rogue wheel nuts need a 17mm socket (you'll also need another wheel wrench). I've added a decent wheel wrench and socket to the van. I really struggled to get my locking wheel nuts off... There was no way they were coming off with the shi**y VW wheel wrench and socket. The nuts seemed like they were made of butter... I had to use a rattle gun. The locking wheel nuts from Rogue are far superior.

The only negative I have is the VW logo on the front two wheels disappeared after around 4 weeks... the rears are still there. I think they are maybe just stuck on... I haven't taken a close look to be honest. The all black also looks quite good!

I would definitely recommend the set up. Good luck.
I know this thread was a while ago but
a/ very useful - thanks!
b/ what was the offset on your wheels and did you use any spacers in that (good-looking) setup?

cheers

Another tyre pressure question… Van is a T6 T32 Kombi, 2WD, 200hp with DSG.

OEM tyres are awful 215/60 R17C 104/102 (commercial tyres). VW recommended pressures are 57/48 psi F/R unladen and 58/58 psi laden. I can’t find a load/pressure chart for these commercial tyres but the narrow pressure range for the rear (only 10 psi) implies the rear is about 80% loaded in an empty van. That makes no sense; another post said rear axle load on an empty T32 is only c. 45% of max. That makes sense, so why 48 psi for an onloaded van?

I think kerb weight for my unloaded van (just 2 people & diesel) is about 2,200 kg, assuming c. 1,450 kg front / 750 kg rear. ‘Loaded’ for my typical usage is around 2,800 kg, assuming c. 1,500 kg front, 1,300 kg rear.

I am swapping to 235/55 R18 V 104s. The ETRTO load inflation tables for these tyres would put the pressures at around 33/22 psi F/R unladen (22 psi minimum recommended) and 33/29 psi laden. That seems crazy low. Am I missing something?

If I use the maximum design axle load to set the loaded pressure (1710/1720 kg F/R), ETRTO tables give 41 psi F/R. If I then subtract 550 kg from the rear (275 kg per tyre) for the unloaded case, would equate to 26 psi. In summary, 41/41 psi F/R for the laden case and 41/26 psi for unladen. Small cars like Ford Fiestas have a large pressure differential on the rear for loaded vs unloaded, so that makes sense to me for an empty van.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Another tyre pressure question… Van is a T6 T32 Kombi, 2WD, 200hp with DSG.

OEM tyres are awful 215/60 R17C 104/102 (commercial tyres). VW recommended pressures are 57/48 psi F/R unladen and 58/58 psi laden. I can’t find a load/pressure chart for these commercial tyres but the narrow pressure range for the rear (only 10 psi) implies the rear is about 80% loaded in an empty van. That makes no sense; another post said rear axle load on an empty T32 is only c. 45% of max. That makes sense, so why 48 psi for an onloaded van?

I think kerb weight for my unloaded van (just 2 people & diesel) is about 2,200 kg, assuming c. 1,450 kg front / 750 kg rear. ‘Loaded’ for my typical usage is around 2,800 kg, assuming c. 1,500 kg front, 1,300 kg rear.

I am swapping to 235/55 R18 V 104s. The ETRTO load inflation tables for these tyres would put the pressures at around 33/22 psi F/R unladen (22 psi minimum recommended) and 33/29 psi laden. That seems crazy low. Am I missing something?

If I use the maximum design axle load to set the loaded pressure (1710/1720 kg F/R), ETRTO tables give 41 psi F/R. If I then subtract 550 kg from the rear (275 kg per tyre) for the unloaded case, would equate to 26 psi. In summary, 41/41 psi F/R for the laden case and 41/26 psi for unladen. Small cars like Ford Fiestas have a large pressure differential on the rear for loaded vs unloaded, so that makes sense to me for an empty van.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
I've been running the same size crossclimates (see attached thread above) on T6 T32 LWB Kombi 2WD 204BHP mostly unladen since Oct 2021, swapped front and rear as fronts had more wear but apart from that still going strong 20k miles later....
Pressures I use are around 41psi front and 38/ 39psi rear I think?

Back