204 DSG pulling away

Stuart Nightingale

T6 Pro
Hi, I have a 204 DSG on order having not driven one!

I've had several T5's since 2004 and always had manuals but this time I opted for a DSG much to my wife's dissapointment!
Do they have a delay when pulling away or are they snappy as hell?

I have read you can remap a DSG box, is that correct?

Hi Stuart I've got a 180 4motion euro5 dsg well it's a 215 now :Dand the engine remap has livened it up it doesn't hang around think a manual would be quicker ,

so carnt comment on the 204 dsg but I know a man who has one mr @Fish whats your dsg like at pulling away from junctions

There is a thread on here somewhere about dsg gearbox remap, Pendle can get 260bhp out of your engine and carnt remember the torque figure out of the 204dsg.

What I will recomend is you getting a paddle shift steering wheel, will make driving the dsg a lot more fun, loads for sale on eBay and it's a plug and play conversion no coding involved, there is a thread on here aswell about it.
Yours Mrs will love it once it's delivered and you won't get a look in :rofl:

Imo pull off response is delayed but I also put this down to gearbox protection..sharp take off with T32 cant be good for gearbox...
Having said that if @PendlePerformanceLtd can improve this then I would opt for this.

I find putting it into S helps to get a better start of the line at islands if needs be. I doubt you can match manual for that anyway . Just depends what suits you. Very happy with my DSG so far anyway, but then i have never driven an auto before i collected mine :)

I find putting it into S helps to get a better start of the line at islands if needs be. I doubt you can match manual for that anyway . Just depends what suits you. Very happy with my DSG so far anyway, but then i have never driven an auto before i collected mine :)

That's what I do if at a junction or wanting to overtake drop it into sport mode holds onto the gears longer in the rev range

Think I read on here that the dsg box can take more torque than a manual box
I think its the other way around. I think the dsg is limited to 500nm of torque.
The Pendle map for a 204ps euro6 is quoting 261bhp/543nm, on a manual gearbox
#pendlevantuning | Facebook
Swissvans are offering the same map on a dsg gearbox, which I thought was too many torques:eek:, not sure anymore??????
Swiss Vans
Swiss are also talking about 280bhp if you change the intercooler to a Forge????? Didn't think the 204 Euro6 has an intercooler, but a charge-cooler........

So can the dsg take 543nm????????
Does anybody know anybody with a 204 map???????

so many unknown questions????:)

update.... just checked forges site, looks like they are offering uprated chargecooler; probably a typo on Swiss Vans

Last edited:
So it looks like its 242bhp, and 515nm for a dsg, (down tuned slightly to protect the dsg gear box)
& 261bhp and 543nm for a full red blooded manual gear box

We'll never hear the last of it from a certain Cali owner. Fortunately he doesn't do mods, so maybe we are OK:):):):):):):):)

I've just ordered a larger turbo, intercooler for mapping 204 dsg
Go you
What have you gone for?
Has the map already been created for the new set up?
Who's designed the config?

Sorry for the interrogation, just interested:thumbsup:

Couldn't the 4wd drag on that dsg affect the figures?
I see what your saying, same remap just more lost power.
Are the quotes figures at the wheels, or are hey measured at the wheels, and then calculated back to give an equivalent engine output? I guess they need to be like for like with VW's published figures!

Back