DSG transmission parts / repairs.

bluezie

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I know this relates to a T5.1, but this enquiry relates to all VW's with DSG transmissions, and yes, I have posted this on the T5 forum.
My mate's 2012 T5.1 DSG has sh$t itself - the usual O/S driveshaft splines have gone dry, worn out and stripped.
But, the DSG is a lot different to the manual, the driveshaft has male splines, which plug into a socket inside the gearbox, there is no stub shaft. A new driveshaft is mega bucks, but that's not the problem. The gearbox needs stripping, and the shaft in the diff containing the socket needs replacing. However, VW are showing no spare parts for the DSG except clutch packs.
Does anyone know if there are independents that can source parts, or even rebuild and repair DSG's? I gather these boxes were designed and made under licence by Borg Warner.

1662751168607-png.png

1662751196111-png.png

I know this relates to a T5.1, but this enquiry relates to all VW's with DSG transmissions, and yes, I have posted this on the T5 forum.
My mate's 2012 T5.1 DSG has sh$t itself - the usual O/S driveshaft splines have gone dry, worn out and stripped.
But, the DSG is a lot different to the manual, the driveshaft has male splines, which plug into a socket inside the gearbox, there is no stub shaft. A new driveshaft is mega bucks, but that's not the problem. The gearbox needs stripping, and the shaft in the diff containing the socket needs replacing. However, VW are showing no spare parts for the DSG except clutch packs.
Does anyone know if there are independents that can source parts, or even rebuild and repair DSG's? I gather these boxes were designed and made under licence by Borg Warner.

View attachment 171843

View attachment 171844
Yes it very common I do have a recon box 2wd. Which I bought to do a conversion after trying to adapt to a audi engine I had to get a audi box instead ( u can buy the diff spline kit just not cheep)

Back