2020 Caravelle child lock fault and windows not working

macaha

With only 3500 k on the clock I am having a couple of issues. First was the drivers window not always wanting to go up ,it would reach a point then retract, dealer advised me to spray WD40 which didnt work. I have booked the van in for repair however its a 4 weeks wait list, today the passenger window stopped working from the drivers side button but worked on the passengers side button.This afternoon that stopped working and now the child lock fault warning ling came on and the van locks and unlocks at will as you drive, sometimes as often as 10 times in a minute which is driving me crazy. Any ideas welcome.

A possibility of wiring loom damage drivers door?
Definitely a warranty job at this stage, don’t mess with it.

With only 3500 k on the clock I am having a couple of issues. First was the drivers window not always wanting to go up ,it would reach a point then retract, dealer advised me to spray WD40 which didnt work. I have booked the van in for repair however its a 4 weeks wait list, today the passenger window stopped working from the drivers side button but worked on the passengers side button.This afternoon that stopped working and now the child lock fault warning ling came on and the van locks and unlocks at will as you drive, sometimes as often as 10 times in a minute which is driving me crazy. Any ideas welcome.
What Loz said.

It’ll also be worth asking your dealer to tell you why they’ve recommended WD40 when a lubricant is probably what they meant, and not a petroleum-based moisture repellant.

I am less than impressed with the dealer, its not ideal as I am in and out of complexes many times daily and need the window to function to access entry codes.

Update, popped into the dealership today,they believe its a coding issue and no parts will be required however they are unable to recode until my service booking end of this month.

Back