T6 or T6.1?

not sure if TFT instrument clusters are really an improvement
i think they are just too bright, harder to read and distract more are night
they run hotter (in some case they have to shut down to protect themselves!... Mercedes even has a cooling pipe from aircon to the cluster)
maybe better if they were OLEDs (full black)

I worked on McLaren MP412 (analog + 3 LCDs + 2 TFTs), P1 (3 TFTs) 570s (single TFT), ford GT (single TFT)
worse was actually the tesla with a 24 inch portrait monitor in the middle of the dashboard!
I doubt few people spent more time staring at instrument clusters lol
I like the combination of the base T6 (needles + black and white TFT) works best i think

It’s only option on Cali and velles so not a problem for most of us :whistle:

There are no surprises with this update - standard VW parts bin style stuff for the grill and dash style. I'm only a year into my secondhand T6 so I'm sticking with my plan to hold on to it for a good while longer.

Has anyone seen any info on the Abt electric pricing? I can see me swapping my diesel T6 for an electric Bulli T7 or something in 5 years time. The headline spec (i.e. low power and medium range) for this version suggest that 5 years more development is needed before it will be suitable for my life (lots of hills round here, so 111BHP won't cut it!) It seems that this version is only suitable for those who do mostly urban driving.

Very disappointed that I won’t be getting my T6 Kombi until May 2019 and this bad boy will be just around the corner. The dash and connectivity look great, just right for my long distance mobile office requirements but hey ho. Maybe I’ll get an electric T7 3 years after that?!

Hmmm, well the infotainment and mechanical advances yes but I really do not like the dash and grille at all - looks like something from the 70's...

Hmmm, well the infotainment and mechanical advances yes but I really do not like the dash and grille at all - looks like something from the 70's...

Each to their own eh? I think i'm sold on the whole package as i'm not yet an owner. Haven't yet grown to love the current package hence coveting the latest and greatest.

Dash looks great but I’m looking to get another 15+ years out of my T6 camper so will just be admiring from afar

I wonder if the diesel engines have been revised and aim for Euro 7 emissions and offer more than 27mpg that the current ones only offer.

Plus I await a full Abt bodykit. I prefer the t6 looks wise but the t6.1 interior is nicer. I await to see the commercial interior though with its holey no lids dash.

Putting my name down for the Electric version Monday ....... right after my six numbers have come up.

I wonder if the diesel engines have been revised and aim for Euro 7 emissions and offer more than 27mpg that the current ones only offer.

Plus I await a full Abt bodykit. I prefer the t6 looks wise but the t6.1 interior is nicer. I await to see the commercial interior though with its holey no lids dash.
Does anyone know what the new WLTP claimed fuel economy is and how much of a drop it was from the old one? Got to say mine settled down to mid 30s after a few thousand miles, and I never get less than 33mpg no matter what, but I bet the claimed number was a lot bigger.

VW has rationalised – and improved – the 2.0-litre TDI turbocharged diesel engine line-up in the T6.1, with a revised range of motors that all meet the forthcoming Euro 6d Temp emissions regulations well ahead of time

The reality is that dealer staff are often the last to know, "I've heard..." usually means "I read it in Auto Express". I stuck my neck out and guessed that any facelift would be next year for 2020 model year and I'm standing by that.
Quoting myself from June 18 near the start of this thread so I can say told you so :rofl: :D

Back