T6 or T6.1?

Am i seeing 6x PDC sensors on the front and rear? - auto parking?

liking the new dash clocks & nav screen

tweeked steering wheel,
tweeked rear lights
tweeked front grill,
new dash & clocks,
new wheels,

am i missing anything else?

i think im starting to like the new dash layout and digital screen MFD - about time. (ill ask Pauly to order one in lol)

Hello

Dissapointed. What a dash?! Everyone was complaining regarding drawer with no cover in Transporter. And now they've done step back in 19century and removed cover as it was in highline dash variant!? And small drawer for mobile phone next to gear selector. Dissapeared, replaced with some kind of "phone slot"? Ugly, ugly. And cigarete lighter, usb ports, visible at the top like in cars from 80's. And the top dash drawer, where subwoofer is installed in case of Dynaudio system. Dissapeared. And two "cup holders", sorry, two holes, looks like in some cheapest cheapest car from year?! This is car for 50.000+EUR. And dash has been "updated" with design and functions from 19th century. Probably 1l bottle cooled drawer has gone too. They should add some of them, not remove. Our touran is 9 years old and has 3 times more drawers. I'm asking myself, who designed this dash? Who gave an order to do it is as it is? Who approved such a dash design? Who who.... I would fire all of them! I think this should not happen in car of this kind and comfort level. I hope it will be updated in my 2020 if not earlier. Car was updated with safety equipment, but again no traffic sign recognition. Does it support "stop and go" or still only "follow to stop". Pedestrian protection? I believe it has hi-res camera since it has lane assist, so this should be possible. Looks like they updated seats with 4-way lumbar support, but no massage seat. Golf has it. And LED lights, design has changed, but whitout any function change. As Basic and High LED in tiguan. Sorry, dash is the reason for this writing. I'm still considering, should i order T6 or wait for T6.1. Oh, and antenna, what a design? Invisible antennas in mirrors did same functions. Is its reason e-call?

Br

For the answer to the above questions, look no further than VWs recently announced profit figures. As long as you keep buying them, VW will cut the build cost
And VW are getting sued again in the US. That's gonna cost us all. I'll send a few bucks over to 'Make America Great Again'

And VW are getting sued again in the US. That's gonna cost us all. I'll send a few bucks over to 'Make America Great Again'
What for this time? Why is it that the yanks can sue, yet we just get laughed at and have to put up with gash quality and non-existent customer service?

Mr Trump thinks the Germans are free loading selfish cheats who only ever look after them selves with no duty, decency or responsibility for the rest of the world., and as such should be punished, and he's from German Lineage...,mmmmmm

Mr Trump thinks the Germans are free loading selfish cheats who only ever look after them selves with no duty, decency or responsibility for the rest of the world., and as such should be punished, and he's from German Lineage...,mmmmmm
Wonder if he’s going to build a wall in the middle of the Atlantic; that’ll learn em.

Hahaha It takes one to know one.
The EU is very protective over the German car industry and will protect VW at the expense of everything else.

I’m curious to see what the Sportline offerings will look like - whether they’ll be radically different to the current bolt-on (and whether they’d fit the current T6 bumper).

ED301C09-4DE9-42D4-BD05-4AC9F0B2E367.jpeg

The ABT front splitter looks like it’ll fit.

Only 1 year to go and hopefully have one, just got to convince the boss.

Think the dash looks ace and the rest looks very similar so happy days.

At least H7s are now standard.
I like to think that VW monitor this forum and have listened to our concerns...

They've probably seen that people are fitting aftermarket units and realised they're missing out on that revenue...
Or is that a bit cynical

I see that the Merc V Class has a new engine/box knocking out 236hp/369lb.ft,-9 speed and its very well reviewed as a strong/gutsy engine, which I wouldn't call the 204BiTDI VW lump without an engine re-map.

When Merc launched the X-Class pick up; VW (Amarok) immediately retaliated with a remapped 3.0TDI to ensure they weren't out-gunned by Merc.........

So my thoughts are: will VW tweak the 204BiTDI in Cali/Vel trim (or van trim) to match the Merc V-Class/Marco-Polo with the T6.1? :confused:o_O

Last edited:
I have just got back from a week in Cyprus. Both journeys to the hotel / airport were in brand new Vaneo's.

The dash was so blingy, the vibrations through the floor were shocking as a front passenger.
The noise from the interior rattling again was crap.

Not for me

I have just got back from a week in Cyprus. Both journeys to the hotel / airport were in brand new Vaneo's.

The dash was so blingy, the vibrations through the floor were shocking as a front passenger.
The noise from the interior rattling again was crap.

Not for me
When you go to London or an Airport etc, Mercs popularity as a Taxi/VIP Limo/Courtesy Transport is about 10:1 more popular than a Vel, so they must be getting something right; or just cheaper with discount?
Having said that friends have a had a couple of Mercs, and they cost a fortune to keep on the road; then both collapsed in a pile of rust;)

Airport taxis are only bought cos they're cheap. Or heavily discounted might be a better way to put it, they're not cheap but the low end models are cut priced and you gotta admit look loads better than a starline, which is aimed at a different crowd. Market separation.

Back