2016 T6 150 DSG Persistent Airbag light

MacCamper

VIP Member
Hi guys

I have recently replaced my front bench and driver seats. Both originally had Airbags.

My new captains seats have no Airbags, I put a resistor across the passanger and driver connections under the seat. My airbag light went off after using carista.

My driver side keeps reappearing after a few miles. I thought it was possibly a loose pin loosing contact momentarily, this however is not the case.

I have tried several different ohm resistors but get similar results. Light goes out with carista and reappears either immediately or within a few miles driving. I have tried,, 3.3 ohms and 2.6.

Anyone having simular issues? Thinking to cut the connector block off and fix the resistor in permanently to guarantee a solid connection.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

J

Have you looked inside the connector? The yellow one? I found today that the yellow female connector, has a sprung loaded metal plate inside which shorts the green and white connectors together. By removing the connector the the spring metal plate moves up to short two pins together.

Hi Dave, I was thinking about just chopping the connector off last time the seats where out.

I chickened out in the end incase someone's wanted to return to standard seating again and wanted seat airbags.

I have just lightly tinned the end of the resistors pins to make them wedge into the connecter block abit more snug now. The lights been off now for 3 days and passed the mot on sat.

If it comes on again I will be dismantling the block and soldering the wires that way.

Il update with photos if I do ;)

Back