Airbag warning light........

KevCox

I have just changed the front seats of my T6 Trendline to RR Velar (and yes, they are as comfortable as a comfortable thing) however, I now have a permanent Airbag warning light on having switched out the driver's seat. I am guessing this is because I have disconnected the driver's seat 2 wire plug.........

Is there an easy workaround to get rid of the light and would I be correct in that if I get the fault cleared, it will return as the seats not "connected"........

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Kevin

You can fool the van into thinking the airbag is still connected by fitting a resistor across the plug, the fault will have to be cleared with VCDS or Carista. Have a search, I cant remember the size of resistor required

You can fool the van into thinking the airbag is still connected by fitting a resistor across the plug, the fault will have to be cleared with VCDS or Carista. Have a search, I cant remember the size of resistor required
Can the airbags be coded out with VCDS? Save messing with resistors?

I believe swapping the seat belt clasp from your original seat to the new one allows you to plug in as originally set up. You’ll then need to reset the light with vcds.

Back