Need some T5 assessment advice for fault code "0065 4 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Driver Side (N153): Resistance too High"

3ear

Hi fellow T5 owers!
I've got a currently persistent fault code "0065 4 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Driver Side (N153): Resistance too High" (still there after reset of the DTC with VCDS) in a friend's T5 from 2005. Earlier when it was more intermittent, I was able to isolate the fault to likely being an open circuit in the cable loom or corroded contacts where it connects to the airbag control module somewhere in the dash which I haven't had opportunity to check yet.

At one time when the fault seemed persistent after clearing the fault code with VCDS, I managed to simulate it cleared with the belt tensioner disconnected and a resistor in the contact... then when I reconnected the tensioner after some hours of rooting around in the cable looms for visible faults, the fault was magically cleared so I reckoned it was a bad connection somewhere and never connected the resistor then.
It held up a couple of months before and after the successful MOT.

The fault later reappeared (without any work being done to the van since MOT) but this time it wasn't even possible to terminate with the resistor anymore so I guess there is either an open circuit somewhere in the cable loom that was just on the verge of connecting now and then, or bad contact in the control module end since it didn't make any difference with either the tensioner or resistor connected or not.
I have limited access to the van and it's getting a bit tight before next MOT in a month from now so any feedback on this would be very helpful!

One great input from another forum was to replace the control module which solved his similar issues but I'm trying to collect as much alternative assessment advice as possible before I get the next opportunity to work with this again.

TIA and sorry for my bad english.

Back