2+1 or 1+1+1

MRA15

Afternoon all,

I currently have T6 2017 with 3sear bench in the rear. We have works done so it’s now a day van but bench seat is not most practical depending on whether we have 1, 2 or no kids with us in regards to moving bench so considering with 2+1 or 1+1+1 seats.

Does anyone know where to get this done in and around the south west or any recommendations to get fixings points etc all done including certification ?

cheers

Last edited:
We can do this, with certification. We have the 1+1+1 in stock
Hey Oli, Do each of the seats have their own belts? Or do they use the ones already fitted to the van? Thinking of swapping out my 2+1 to hopefully get a bit more usability. Is it easy enough (and not too costly) to alter what I already have or would you need to start the mounting brackets in the floor from scratch?
Could I swap out the seats I currently have or would I need to buy a new set and sell mine on?
I'd love a caravelle type setup where the seats move forward and back but the cost for that is just too high. I need to stop my mods somewhere!
Feel free to message a price if thats easier ;)
Cheers!

Middle seat has its own belt, outer two use the chassis mounted belts.

I think 1+1+1 gives the best permutations and easier to lift out.

Middle seat has its own belt, outer two use the chassis mounted belts.

I think 1+1+1 gives the best permutations and easier to lift out.
Thanks. Is this easy enough to do? What would my 2+1 seats be worth if I can't do a swap with someone? Cheers

Needs new floor mounts fitted with the correct reinforcement plates - We can fit with certification and take your old seats in part ex

Trim is different, but no bother if leathering

Ill speak to you on WhatsApp ;-)

The only problem with the 1+1+1 is that it only came in the multivan/caravelle trim, so not easy to match front seats, unless you retrim the lot

The only problem with the 1+1+1 is that it only came in the multivan/caravelle trim, so not easy to match front seats, unless you retrim the lot
Thanks but that won’t be an issue as I’ll be re-trimming the lot
If I can find cheaper seats somewhere that have cover damage then even better

If the 1+1+1 you are proposing is for the third row of seating (drivers seat = row 1) then the seats clash with the rear wheel arches / arch plastic covers.

If the 1+1+1 you are proposing is for the third row of seating (drivers seat = row 1) then the seats clash with the rear wheel arches / arch plastic covers.
This is what I was propsing. Thats a shame as the middle single seats are ISOFIX and it would also give me the ability to remove a seat to put mountainbike/sups in...

We occasionally need 6 seats so I have a middle shuttle seat that fits in row 3 where it used to have a triple bench seat.

Thanks but that won’t be an issue as I’ll be re-trimming the lot
If I can find cheaper seats somewhere that have cover damage then even better
Other advantage of 1+1+1 is you can use just 2 of them and fit a side unit if you change how you use the van.

Fairly on topic… when swapping from a bench to 1+1+1 does the centre seat fit into the existing bench fixings? Thinking of an easy solution for an incoming child (to create room and gain isofix) and I can worry about the additional fixing points at a later date :).

Other advantage of 1+1+1 is you can use just 2 of them and fit a side unit if you change how you use the van.
this is exactly what I did, kombi came with triple bech which I swapped out for middle single, then fitted 4 brackets for passenger side single, which leaves me space to fit units down the side. In this configuration I can still get 6 people in, 2 in front-, 2 in the middle and 2 on the r+r bed. The 2 middle singles only get put in if needed.

this is exactly what I did, kombi came with triple bech which I swapped out for middle single, then fitted 4 brackets for passenger side single, which leaves me space to fit units down the side. In this configuration I can still get 6 people in, 2 in front-, 2 in the middle and 2 on the r+r bed. The 2 middle singles only get put in if needed.
Any chance of some pics of that set up?

Back