1st Attempt at Insulating ever.

Won't some of the recycled stuff help with a bit more sound proofing?

Van is booked in next week for ply lining and carpet. But I've just thought have I made a school boy error by thermolining the top half of the barn doors?

Will ply go over this? Or will carpet go straight onto it? The bottom half will have door cards but when I had the van, the top half was just exposed metal where the windows would be.

Any advice would be great as I am now in panic mode

IMG_20190705_124150.jpg

IMG_20190705_111140.jpg

Van is booked in next week for ply lining and carpet. But I've just thought have I made a school boy error by thermolining the top half of the barn doors?

Will ply go over this? Or will carpet go straight onto it? The bottom half will have door cards but when I had the van, the top half was just exposed metal where the windows would be.

Any advice would be great as I am now in panic mode

View attachment 46999

View attachment 47000
Am sure you have did the correct thing as wether it's ply lined or carpet ,it will still need insulated as it's a single layer of metal . It's basically the same as the section on your upper quarter panel or upper sliding door panels if they don't have windows

Update - after doing the sound deadening and insulation. The van went off to be ply lined and carpeted by an expert. Opted for spot lights and usb charging ports, 12v sockets and speakers This is the result.

IMG_20190718_091656.jpg

IMG_20190718_091646.jpg

IMG_20190718_091607.jpg

I didn't bother with a leisure battery. The Usb charging ports use very little power and so not worried about batter drain. Van is in constant use so battery will always be charged.

I didn't bother with a leisure battery. The Usb charging ports use very little power and so not worried about batter drain. Van is in constant use so battery will always be charged.
Nice one .like a said looks great :thumbsup:

Thanks. Well pleased with the results. Turnaround time was 48 hours. Would have been 24, but he has loads on.

Next will be wheels and may be lowering. Undecided yet. Thanks again to everyone for your inputs.

Back