19” Wheels On A 2017 T6 Kombi T30

Dazzat53

Hi guys

I ordered some new 18”wheels for my T6 kombi.
But there was a problem with them being damaged, so The supplier is sending me a set of 19” instead.

They measure 9.5j x 19” ET 33.
Tyres 255 x 45 x 19

Does This sound ok ?
My van isn’t lowered at all.

Thanks in advance

I was running 255 45 19 8.5" ET45. According to calculations, your new set-up will be nearly 25mm further out than my set-up.
This should be fine on the rear, but the front might be quite close to the arch edge. ET45 8.5" was pretty level on mine.

My 19s are 9" wide with a 48mm offset which puts the outer edge of the front rim 10mm in from the outer edge of the wheel arch.

Your rim will sit 21mm further out than mine. ( 1/2 inch extra width rim dived by 2 = 6mm plus the difference in offset between 48mm and 33mm = 15mm. Total 21mm ).
So in real terms, your front rim will stick out past the wheel arch by 11mm.

255 tyres will also look slightly stretched on a 9.5" wide rim.

255 tyres sit about perfect on 8.5" wide rims giving a nice square profile and a degree of rim protection.

A lot of suppliers fit 275 wide tyres on 9" and 9.5" wide rims.

It it ok to stick out this much?
Will it make driving a problem steering etc

Or Should I send the wheels back? He said they would fit.

Sorry about all the questions

Thanks for all your help

Theres no right or wrong, as its all down to personal preference.

Many like the look of standard, original wheels, and some like the, ' Carlos Fandango ' , look.
And then theres everything in between.

I like my wheels to sit inside the bodyline, and the tyres to have a nice square profile.

I run 245's on my 9" wide rims, and for me, they are a tad to ' stretched ' leaving the rim exposed, so will be fitting 255/275 when they wear out. ( which at 4500 miles a year will be ages ).

Right, cheers for the help guys.
I am going to return the wheels.

I am looking for a nice flush fit either 18” or 19”

So 19” wheels I would want 9” wide and 48et

What would you recommed for a 18” wheel.

Thanks again

Right, cheers for the help guys.
I am going to return the wheels.

I am looking for a nice flush fit either 18” or 19”

So 19” wheels I would want 9” wide and 48et

What would you recommed for a 18” wheel.

Thanks again

Be the same for 18, 19 and 20 inch wheels.

8.5" rim around 45mm offset sits niceley inside the front arch.

Mine are 9" wide so stick out 6mm further than a 8.5". BUT, my offset is 48mm so my wheels actually only poke out 3mm further.

I think 9"x19" et48 5x120 is a standard BMW size.

Last edited:
WoW yes i like those too im now thinking of buying some ... oh dear what have you started
my Mrs calls me the wheel numpty

Everyone told me not to buy polished alloys as the lacquer goes.

I bought a set anyway, and guess what, the lacquer went !.

My 19s are 9" wide with a 48mm offset which puts the outer edge of the front rim 10mm in from the outer edge of the wheel arch.

Your rim will sit 21mm further out than mine. ( 1/2 inch extra width rim dived by 2 = 6mm plus the difference in offset between 48mm and 33mm = 15mm. Total 21mm ).
So in real terms, your front rim will stick out past the wheel arch by 11mm.

255 tyres will also look slightly stretched on a 9.5" wide rim.

255 tyres sit about perfect on 8.5" wide rims giving a nice square profile and a degree of rim protection.

A lot of suppliers fit 275 wide tyres on 9" and 9.5" wide rims.

So I have found some wheels 18”
They are 9” wide and offset of 38 so that would make them flush with the arch going by your calculations. Sorry again.

Dazza, rear should be fine, not sure about the front, hope somebody on here has fitted 9 inch to confirm they are ok..

So I have found some wheels 18”
They are 9” wide and offset of 38 so that would make them flush with the arch going by your calculations. Sorry again.

Yes, according to my calculations this is right.
As I said, its personal preference, and I have seen plenty of T6's with front rims flush with the wheel arch.
I just prefer the wheel to sit slightly within the arch.

they're not Oettinger, but are essentially the same as what I have. amazing price! the Oettinger are a slightly different colour and embossed with the Oettinger logo and different centre caps.

I was going by this info which implied the 19 inchers were only ever made by ATS for Oettinger..
19" Oettinger wheels?
I got the graphite ones. interested to see the colour you got and whether there five or six spoke.

Back