18" Steel Smoothies (tamar Wheels)

superflyguy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anybody running these on a 30mm drop, wanted to see what they look like thanks compared to the standard 18" amarok steels, Thanks

I’ve got a set ready to go on later this week as soon as the tyres arrive, I’ll post up some pictures

Follow my post in ‘My New Steels’

I’m not sure how to link to the thread?...

@Tourershine

What’s the secret? How do you embed a thread?...

On a laptop you go onto the thread you want to highlight (first page if there's multiple pages) copy the full address that's in the address bar at the top of the screen, then paste on your reply. It will show up as a full website address, numbers etc, but once you post on the forum, it will automatically highlight it as a link, and change to what you can see above.
Same goes on the mobile site. Copy, paste, post. :thumbsup:

I think these steelies look great... I reckon the disks will over heat without the ventilation holes in the wheels though... Anyone had trouble with this yet?

Last edited:
I think these steelies look great... I reckon the disks will over heat without the ventilation holes in the wheels though... Anyone had trouble with this yet?

I've known several vehicles running similar style wheels, including things like Detroit steels, and to be fair I recon it's a bit of a myth that a normal vehicle driving on normal roads with a wheel like this, will overheat the disks.
Maybe if you're on the track, with super hard braking, you 'might' have a slight issue, but there's still plenty of air flowing through the rear of the wheel to cool any overheating disks.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it being an issue in real life.

I've known several vehicles running similar style wheels, including things like Detroit steels, and to be fair I recon it's a bit of a myth that a normal vehicle driving on normal roads with a wheel like this, will overheat the disks.
Maybe if you're on the track, with super hard braking, you 'might' have a slight issue, but there's still plenty of air flowing through the rear of the wheel to cool any overheating disks.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it being an issue in real life.
After spending years messing with brakes on cars I agree, the only time it'll ever be an issue on the road is during long alpine descents or similar.

Back