17" Davenport Wheels Help???

Bemmy GY

Afternoon, hoping someone can help here? I've just bought a set of 17" Davenport wheels (just picked them up from an hour & half drive), took them to a local reputable tyre fitters at home, they tried the first one, they couldn't get it to sit on properly? lots of head scratching, wheel hub cleaned & greased, supervisor called, the only way they could get it on was by drawing it on with the bolts. Said supervisor wasn't happy with that, said the ET number was wrong & the only way you would get them to fit is to shave some of the inside off so it will go on the wheel better? Its a genuine new wheel, why won't it fit?? I'm gutted after driving all the way to pick them up! I was told & under the impression anyway that these would fit my van? T6 T28???

fullsizeoutput_8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_9.jpeg

well a German site shows this . . . .

4 Alufelgen Original VW T6 Devonport 17 Zoll 7E0.601.025.M T5

4 Alloy Wheels Original VW T6 Devonport 17 inch 7E0.601.025.M T5
Price: 790 €

description

Sell a set of alloy wheels, absolutely new.
7Jx17H2 ET56
The 4 caps are included.
A few tiny little flaws that you can discover by looking closely.

Private sale. No guarantee and return policy.
Pickup preferred, otherwise shipping after consultation.

FIXED PRICE.

so that would imply they should fit?

i dont have those rims to take a pic of the numbers on the rear, lets see if anyone else can confirm.

I sold a set to someone who put them on a T28. Dont think the ET number is anything to do with your problem, that relates to the offset. I'd guess they are pretty tight to go on if they have never been fitted before. On VW's they are always tight to get off for the first time. I would get someone to accurately measure them, if there's only a thou or so interference, thats probably how they are.

Really?
I think @Ed Webb is on a T28 and he's running Ports. As far as I know, they fit all Transporters.

Last edited:
Are they brand new or have they been Powder coated...my banded amaroks were tight the first time I tried to fit them and a right pain to get off at the first attempt....just ask @Tourershine as even with a mallet he couldn't get them to budge. I ended up hitting them with a larger hammer, filing off the powder coat on the centre bore and copper slipping to make life easier.

Devonports will fit all T6s, ET56 is fine and have 65.1 centre bore fitment

Are they brand new or have they been Powder coated...my banded amaroks were tight the first time I tried to fit them and a right pain to get off at the first attempt....just ask @Tourershine as even with a mallet he couldn't get them to budge. I ended up hitting them with a larger hammer, filing off the powder coat on the centre bore and copper slipping to make life easier.

Devonports will fit all T6s, ET56 is fine and have 65.1 centre bore fitment
Many thanks for the replies, yes the wheel was a nightmare to get off, though the tyre fitter did get it off with the rubber mallet, I thought they fitted all T6's.

Afternoon, hoping someone can help here? I've just bought a set of 17" Davenport wheels (just picked them up from an hour & half drive), took them to a local reputable tyre fitters at home, they tried the first one, they couldn't get it to sit on properly? lots of head scratching, wheel hub cleaned & greased, supervisor called, the only way they could get it on was by drawing it on with the bolts. Said supervisor wasn't happy with that, said the ET number was wrong & the only way you would get them to fit is to shave some of the inside off so it will go on the wheel better? Its a genuine new wheel, why won't it fit?? I'm gutted after driving all the way to pick them up! I was told & under the impression anyway that these would fit my van? T6 T28???

View attachment 29541 View attachment 29542
Not sure I am any help but just took my new Devonports off to sell lettering is identical to these apart from mine are AB at the end and not M they off 2022/23 t6.1 t32 lwb

View attachment 29541 View attachment 29542
I’ve got devonports on my T28. Strange?

Back