150 dec 2021 lack of power

T6.1Farmer

T6 Pro
Hi,

Owned my T6.1 150 manual 4motion since i got it in december 2021. I have now got 2k miles on it. I have found the van to be very sluggish and hard on fuel since I got it. I have also noticed a lack of noice from the turbo with the window open i can barely hear it. I got a run in another one from the dealer today and it has a great woosh noise from the turbo and loads more power especially under 2k revs. I thought there was always a lack of power especially when i had even my empty trailer on and on slight hills.
It also makes a lot of squeeling from the turbo for the first 2 mins after turning it on when its cold is this normal?
Anyone else had this or know what could be wrong with it.

If it’s still under warranty, pop back to the dealer with it to investigate/fix

If it’s still under warranty, pop back to the dealer with it to investigate/fix
Yeah was in today, i got a run in one of there vans to see if I noticed a difference and I did. So one of the sales team took mine a run and thought it was underpowered but kept saying its probably just the new emissions restrictions in the exhaust. But hardly believe it can be that bad. Got to go back with it to get it booked in with a mechanic. Bit of a pain with a 230 mile round trip

Barrowboy is mugging you off! Insist on lead mechanic going out for a test drive with you (either driving)

No turbo should squeal, cold or not. Seems to me like the van's got issues and likely serious by the sounds of it, along the lines of a seized or seizing turbo. Is the oil level OK? Either way the dealer needs to be made to sit up and take note.

Its just a whistle first thing when its cold and accelerating and then it goes quiet might be cause its cold

In all my years of driving and owning turbocharged vehicles I've never noticed or heard of a turbo which is noisy until warmed up, obviously I'm in no position to diagnose the problem but, an oil supply issue would be high up on my list of things to check.

not to dredge up old threads but this is the same as the van I have just bought from VW with 9k on the clock, bogs down below 2k, takes off there but can be up and down with power delivery through rev range, got it checked yesterday and sods law the drive to stealers felt fine after 2 weeks of varying lumpy power delivery, picked up this morning and felt a little of it again, they said nothing wrong when road testing yesterday and no codes. Also turbo making whooshing noise for first 2-5 mins driving, i am hoping blocked injectors and cleaner is starting to work it’s magic (hence inconsistent issue) any update/advice would be great

Back