112cm or 120cm RIB Bed

I need to rewind my comments on this thread! My RIB is actually 120cm not 112cm - doh!! Comments about preferring wider cupboards and how we use what we've got still stands though, i.e. the wider bed (which I thought was 120cm but now realise is 130cm!!) would not work for us.

Sorry for the confusion!!

@Peatey - we can hang clothes in our "wardrobe" but tend to use as a bit of a stuff space instead - putting shelves in there would be more practical. As for tambour doors, I think they look good and mean you can still open if you have something stashed in front of the doors but you loose space in the cupboards and they can snag a bit if the cupboard contents move around.

We went for 120 bed. It also gives the possibility of 6 belted seats, useful if your camper is your daily driver.

We've got a 112 rib going in, but have low cupboards. When the bed it down we'll get the full width of the van as a bed. I'd rather have a bigger bed than a wardrobe.
How does this work do you have any pictures?

Not great photos, but this is what I could find whilst at work.

Our seats are on rails, which might be relevant. Here they are in upright position approx halfway along the rails of our SWB. Thats the fridge in line with the seat.
1689172425445.png

Drop it to bed mode and you get this - slightly larger than a king size

1689172484826.png

The rails were pricey, but mean I can still do this use as a van if needed

1689172539148.png

My only complaint about this set-up is that the seat is quite high. Our family is quite tall, so it isn't a big deal, but some adults are left with their feet swinging like kids when they use the rear seat. The table arrangement is also pretty crap, but I might do something about that.

We love our 120cm RIB, by far the best decision we made for our van. It’s the same size as small double, able to recline either side perfect for projector nights or if you park up with a view out the rear and also gives you plenty storage at the back of the van. When we pack to go away there’s nothing on the back seats everything goes behind.

IMG_4883.jpeg

Last edited:
Back