102PS Remap Issue!!!

I thought REVO had pulled their 102 remap @Andyf, due to the torque and subsequent gearbox issues?
I've more or less knocked that idea on the head for mine becasue of that. Which has also cancelled the big chunky tyres and a lift kit in case they are too much for the engine too!
Thought the 102 was just enough to pull a loaded camper?

102 has a different turbo I believe, not as sturdy as the other models so Revo stopped theirs, although Pendle still offer it.

My old T5 I was running at 183bhp but that had a hybrid turbo, bigger injectors. I put a brand new gearbox in it from TPS and ran that for around 4 years before I sold it.
Was only a 5 speed and had no problems at all.
OP says over revving? Mine did that and was the switch under the accelerator pedal. Had to change it twice in 13 years of ownership.
May not be that so don't quote me on it. Dust gets in the piston in the switch making it stick open.

EDIT. Clutch switch not accelerator switch!

Last edited:
REVO only stopped the remap on the 6 speed. I have the EU5, 5 speed 102ps with a REVO stage 1 to 140ps, and it's been flawless.

I note there hasn't been an update from the original poster.........when diesel engines start to increase RPM on their own it is often caused by oil being drawn into the intake manifold, usually from worn turbocharger oil seals. Not saying that is the cause here as they normally keep increasing RPM until the engine destroys itself unless the driver is quick enough to engage gear, lift the clutch pedal and brake heavily to stall the engine.
@Jimbo01785 I think @Mooncat is correct, from what I’ve read the 102 turbocharger is not up to severe mapping.
If you get enough oil running through the seals to the induction you may well end up with much more than a failed turbocharger.

Its the EU6 5 speed 102 that was pulled I believe. It was a while ago now. Someone did say the turbocharger wasnt up to it but thought it was due to gearbox issues. Oh well, whatever of those goes, it aint cheap.

I thought REVO had pulled their 102 remap @Andyf, due to the torque and subsequent gearbox issues?
I've more or less knocked that idea on the head for mine becasue of that. Which has also cancelled the big chunky tyres and a lift kit in case they are too much for the engine too!
Thought the 102 was just enough to pull a loaded camper?

The 102bhp euro 5 is fine to tune with revo
They pulled the plug on the euro 6, I.e add blue version

One down, all down. If the engine can't cope with one, it won't necessarily cope with the others either.

Advice is free, but doesn’t mean you have to take it
Theres a big world out there

Good look going forward

morning Guys, just an update to say that this issues I had with revving only happened on one occasion. It’s been fine ever since, and I’ve put hundred of miles on the clock as been on holiday in Cornwall. Hopefully everything will be fine now

5 speed box is a little soft best transporter box Is

DQ500 - 0BH / 0BT
This is a heavier transverse 7 speed DSG and is built to support up to 600 Nm (440 lb/ft) from the factory. It can be found in the VW Transporter, Tiguan, Audi RS3, TT-RS and Q3, it is also fitted to the Passat 2.0 BiTDI. The DQ500 gearbox is the strongest transverse DSG within the VAG group. Therefore, this one is used on heavier vehicles and models with high power / torque outputs.

The DQ500 can handle up to 800hp/1000Nm with DSG software and upgraded clutch packs.

Back