OEM interior light locations

Tsixty

T6 Guru
Does anyone have a picture of the inside roof panel of a factory LWB Kombi that shows exactly where the two original interior lights are in the roof? My van had LED spotlights installed when I purchased it that aren't connected in any way to the standard interior lighting circuit. I cannot find the (now disconnected) wires to the two original rear roof lights anywhere. I know from trawling the site roughly where the rearmost one is but I'm trying to work out if the middle light was just front of the middle row of seats or just behind them.

Hi, my van (T6 Highline) is suffering from a constantly draining starter battery and I'm wondering whether it could be that the rear interior light is on (it's hidden behind ply-lining). Could someone post a picture showing the location of the rear interior light, please? Also, if you're able to let me know whether it's got a separate switch or that the whole light unit is one big switch, that would be really useful. If it's the latter, it could easily have flicked on whilst I've been prodding the ply-lining.

Hi. I have a location drawing but it’s for a LWB. Any good?

As regards if the light is one big switch, i think the answer to that is ‘it depends’

Yes, there's two, on opposite sides of the middle of the van.

Might be easier just to pop the fuse out and see if it improves it?

Yes, there's two, on opposite sides of the middle of the van.

Might be easier just to pop the fuse out and see if it improves it?
Thanks, I had thought of that, but if I were to connect a multi-meter across the fuse connections, then by switching the lights on/off, I should be able to see the current being drawn, right?

Sure, that would be useful.
Here you go. I've marked the courtesy lights in blue and the relevant dimensions. The view is reflected ceiling plan, so the rear light is on the passenger side in the UK. One of the issues I found with planning for this van was what to take as a datum, so I took the line where the ceiling panels meet in one axis and the centre of the panel running the other way - hopefully yours is two panels still. If not, I think it's the C-pillar. Remember this is a long wheel base so it might be different if you have a SWB. Ignore all the other lights - they're what I put in mine.Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 13.43.40.png

Last edited:
Well, I don't think it's the lights, as they've been taken out, as there are two holes in the correct spots in the ply-lining (under the carpet).

Reactions: CJW
Back