Wrong VIN? Clone?

Dely66

Looking to find out what gearbox I have, and put my vin in a decoder.

Not only was the free decoder useless and never told me what gearbox I have, but it also says my vehicle is a T5 and not a T6 ?

Vehicle registered march 16?

Have I bought a T5 ?

I have somewhere,I was just trying find out gearbox code and it said it was a T5?

WV2ZZZ7HZGH0xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect, do you know your Transporter models? It could be a late registered T5.1. A picture of your van will confirm

Where are the front wing indicator repeaters.

An easy way to tell is-
On their own in the middle of the front wing panel =T5
Further back against the door shut =T6

Perhaps not a good idea to post up your VIN number! I’d remove now you have the answer from Pauly!

Surely a photo of the van would answer the question?

I’ve seen some T5s with the T6 front end on which could muddy the water!

Unsold stock of T5.1s could be registered on a 16 plate, or even later come to that.
I've just checked and I have a 7H in my vin which says it is a T5, but it is deffo a T6 as it was first registered in April 2016. I know it is a T6 as it's got the pointed side repeaters. What is going on?

The 7H in the VIN does suggest its a T5 Transporter according to this very easy to follow VIN decoding info: VW VIN Codes
I've just checked and I have a 7H in my vin which says it is a T5, but it is deffo a T6 as it was first registered in April 2016. I know it is a T6 as it's got the pointed side repeaters. What is going on?
Got 7H in my T6's vin number to.
Not panicking.:thumbsup:

Sincere apologies for not getting back to you guys.
Thanks to Pauly , appreciated and thanks to the mod for erasing some of the vin I posted.

Picture of van

IMG_20200519_192111.jpg

Back