Wrong door on mfd

Alan Walsh

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all, as per the title my mfd shows the front passenger door open when the drivers is and vice versa. Cant get the van in to vw before the new year and wondered if anyone else had this and if so how it was rectified .

Thanks Alan.

Last edited:
Did you enable Australia country code for the digital display? :) :) :)

I did but only last night because I fancied the MPH display. The doors being wrong has been incorrect for as while now. The problem I have is I can't remember if it was doing it before I changed the head unit to a Kenwood DNX525dab or not.

Can you confirm 100% if it was working correctly in the past ?
If you suspect the headunit fitment has caused it may be worth a try removing it to see if it corrects.
What else have you done in VCDS other than the speedo ?
@Absolut5 may have some words of wisdom

Put the beep on for when the doors lock, tried to put the wiper tear on but it wouldn't have it. thats it. I may well take the head unit out over christmas break and see if that works as I really can't remember it working correctly but assume it must have been because I would hope I would have noticed it.

The problem with swopping the head unit back is I have fitted rear speakers , upgraded and re-wired the fronts and stuck them all and a sub through alpine amps under the drivers seat now so would have no tunes.

I just meant unplug it to see if anything happens but TBH i cant see how it would affect anything to do with doors

Did you keep a record of the coding of the BCM before changing it? If so make a copy of the settings as they are now and then restore to the original code.

Likewise with the instrument coding.

I am a little doubtful about what you may have done when trying to set 'tear wipe' as I think that has been available on most models for a long time now so should not have failed. Maybe you inadvertently set something wrong there.

Hopefully this will shed some light on what has gone wrong, you can then restore any changes that you made along the way.

This brings me to say to everyone !!! ALWAYS KEEP A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL CODING !!!

Likewise I always do similar as I progress through any changes.

Rod

Whilst I have no answer for why the wrong door is showing, other than it has to be a wiring reversal (obviously - sorry) Whilst having all of the lining and electrical work done on mine this week, the converter called me up to ask if I'd had any issues with the passenger door not unlocking.
Has anyone else had the same problem whereby one of the doors fails to unlock?
In the end they stripped one of the lock actuators out of their own van and stuck it in, and it worked perfectly.

I have no issues with my locks. I wondered if putting the can bus cables round the wrong way in the steering wheel adaptor might have anything to do with it.

Back