Worn and squeaky knob

GreenFish

Hello. What are the options for replacing the leather gear knob on a T6 5 speed manual as mine is very worn. Found a thread where someone had got a replacement knob and gaiter direct from a VW dealer. Just wondered what the options were for both an original replacement or an upgrade/something different?

IMG_7277.jpeg

Also, the linkage itself squeak/creaks quite a lot when changing gear (mainly after running a few miles). Sounds like a "plastic" noise. Is this just a case of removing the gaiter and applying some grease? How easy is this to do?

Finally, the leather steering wheel is also worn. I saw in a thread someone mention using this product, which looks good - has anybody used this?

IMG_7278.jpeg

Many thanks!

New gear knobs are just over £100 from VW. I bought a slightly worn one from Ebay for £12 and bought a Nuera leather dye kit and refurbed it. This would do the steering wheel too.

I have also got a no 6 pool ball but prefer the shape of the OEM one. Also got the original plaggy one.

Also, the linkage itself squeak/creaks quite a lot when changing gear (mainly after running a few miles). Sounds like a "plastic" noise. Is this just a case of removing the gaiter and applying some grease? How easy is this to do?

Back