Leather Gear Knob, Or Similar

Hotglove

Hi All
First post (apart from "Hello") the new (used) t6 Highline we have bought has a bit of damage to the leather covering of the gear knob. The gaiter is fine, just need the knob itself replacing or recovering, any suggestions for a like-for-like fix or an upgrade?
Thanks

Problem solved, the issue was that the leatherette covering on the knob had a small hole worn in it (wedding ring?) and was lifting away. As a quick fix I glued the covering back in place and then painted the whole knob with "patent leather restorer" which we have used on my granddaughter's shoes in the past.
I was very surprised at how good it looks, the knob sits very well with the piano black trim on the steering wheel and the wife absolutely loves it, total cost about 20p and we know from experience that the restorer is a very hard wearing coating.
Feeling rather smug.

Problem solved, the issue was that the leatherette covering on the knob had a small hole worn in it (wedding ring?) and was lifting away.
As a quick fix I glued the covering back in place and then painted the whole knob with "patent leather restorer" which we have used on my granddaughter's shoes in the past.
I was very surprised at how good it looks, the knob sits very well with the piano black trim on the steering wheel and the wife absolutely loves it, total cost about 20p and we know from experience that the restorer is a very hard wearing coating.
Feeling rather smug.
You’ll have to share a picture of your restoration for all us other married men :thumbsup:

Back