Work van Wednesday

@sparkywig I know what you mean.... It can be challenging.

My trick is to start early, then finish early..... To get ahead of the brawl. - as you know the daily commute into town is absolute carnage, especially now COVID is over and all the city slickers are back to there old tricks of planes, trains, scooters, ebikes, etc etc.

Then once the day is done drink a beer or two to dull the pain.

:mexican wave:

I got two tickets while we were unloading tools and materials, even though the sliding door and tailgate were open.

Once got a ticket for leaving my car outside my house on yellows for 1 minute whilst I moved the wifes car off the long single width drive.....Sidcup, Bexley Borough

Many years ago while in charge at a fire in Middlesbrough my boss turned up parked his car with the blue light on and the yellow peril started giving him a ticket, he would not listen to reason until I said I’d close the road and have him arrested for impeding a fire officer in the course of his duty. A traffic car arrived at this point and gave him the talk and nearly a lift to the cells. The bobby knew me and told the idiot I was not to be argued with if he valued his job and freedom and his good looks.

Many years ago while in charge at a fire in Middlesbrough my boss turned up parked his car with the blue light on and the yellow peril started giving him a ticket, he would not listen to reason until I said I’d close the road and have him arrested for impeding a fire officer in the course of his duty. A traffic car arrived at this point and gave him the talk and nearly a lift to the cells. The bobby knew me and told the idiot I was not to be argued with if he valued his job and freedom and his good looks.
We used to get it with CID cars and surveillance vehicles even when undercover officers were in the cars. I suppose a ticket on the windscreen might have helped with the disguise!

W.V.W - London.

Been a bit mad at work lately . . .

London seems to be fully back up to Pre-Covid pace now - Jeez

Its full on madness every day.

- :grin bounce: :grin bounce: :grin bounce: :grin bounce: :grin bounce: -

So . . .

Been Here -->

1649504609414.png

done that -->

1649504665365.png

washed the Sahara Sand off these . . . . .

1649504698876.png

had a go at this . . . . .

1649504793327.png

ended up with that . . .

1649504846816.png

it worked ok in the end tho . . .

1649504896741.png

Ding Ding Round #2

Last edited:
WVW - London.

MOT time - it passed - :mexican wave:

1649838626796.png

but price has gone up . . . . . :grin bounce: :grin bounce: :grin bounce: :grin bounce:

1649838665165.png

£58.60 for a class 7 now apparently. (mines a T32, so apparently class7 as its GVW is 3ton +)

They said £45 . . . . .

but id had the last few done at £35 . . . . . . i said (pre covid)

so they agreed to £40.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

that also means ROAD TAX time . . . :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

£275 for 12mnths

1649839128778.png

++++++++++++

edit:

hold on WTH . . £290 !!!

1649839088289.png

Back