Work / trade van to camper

Here is the first load of what I've done so far......

In all honesty, I was supposed to use this as a work van AND a camper. In actual fact, I've kept the old battered Vito as a work van and thought "HELL" this is far to nice to throw tools in!

However I do still use it to collect materials. The flat bed means you can still fit plenty of sheets of 8x4 and there is space for tools underneath that double up as camper storage.

Time for the next pix...

IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0430.JPG IMG_0431.JPG IMG_0434.JPG IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0451.JPG

The greatest achievement is the pullout system - It's SO useful and adaptable! for work, it can be a simply pull out drawer for easy access. There is another sheet of ply that sits on top of each drawer to cover them properly.

You could put some legs underneath and actually use it as a work bench. The greatest part - the tailgate is a cover for when its raining!

Or for camping, we have a nice low and sleek gas burner, again, your cooking under cover in the rain!
Or - and this is my favourite bit, you can mount the bikes in the back and transport the bikes in style!

IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0484.JPG IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0620.JPG

And don't forget - You throw a futon mattress on the flat bed in the evenings and theres your bed. Still got a bit to do but not much, Get some cargo nets fixed to the linings, cut a window in the bulkhead for extra light, Battery powered LED lights for the back (no second battery). Ready for our europe trip - but i'm getting there!

Back