Work / trade van to camper

LouisBalodis

T6 Pro
This one is for the tradesmen out there, who use their vehicle for work in the week, as well as camping/surfing/biking/living at the weekend.

Is anyone successfully doing this? I have an idea of creating a lot of inter-connecting boxes/drawers. That can be easily broken down and used as bed base etc. Or take two boxes apart and quickly reconstruct them to be a small sofa, or quickly convertible kitchen. I'm starting to get some plans and ideas together of my own. Just doing my research for now...But will keep you updated when I start my build.

Louis

This is how I intend to use mine too (even though I don't actually do trade work but do drive her to work (if that counts lol!?). I want her her to be a regular van I can use for van like things and then camp in. I am having a bespoke bed made that I will post pics of when done.

Look forward to seeing that - I have thought about mine a lot! I pretty much have the set up in my mind and how everything is going to integrate. - Being a joiner with a good sized workshop which hosts a large array of timber machinery and power tools would probably help my task - oh wait! thats already me! Watch this space

This is mine lwb kombi, in the rear it's racked out for my work tools which I take out when we go camping and as I am short 5.7 I can lay down on the rear floor as a bed and one of my sons sleeps on a shelf!
The bulkhead has a door in it so I can go from the drivers seat straight through to the rear of the van with out going outside,
There is electric hook up, swivel table, swivel front passenger seat, and now leisure battery and eberspacher which I am very pleased with!!

IMG_6595.JPG IMG_6191.JPG IMG_4908.JPG IMG_6045.JPG

Spotted a van last summer that was a joiners van. Had a raised floor with a draw at the rear and one on the side door. Has 2 sets of draws one set for work, one set for camping. Mattress on raised floor and away he goes.

My dad is a chippy/builder by trade and can convert his T4 from a nearly bare van to a pretty close California copy (he made it himself but it's very impressively done down to the hand made tambour doors); can't remember how you remove the cabinets but it's all tidily done.

My plan is the Kombi Slidepod.
I didn't want to lose versatility with a standard conversion (furniture units down the side and a 3/4 width R&R bed) and the Kombi Slidepod will offer me everything i'm looking for.

Reactions: Rob
Planing on going for a Kombi slidepod also here. I am going to leave my Kombi seats in asking with a bulk head but also have a pop top roof fitted. If all the family are away then we will also connect the Vango air beam tent

Hey guys

I have the same problem.. I'm a carpenter / surfer with a lot of tools! But I want use it as a day van at the weekends. Don't really want too remove all my tools, just maximise the space. I have a lwb t30 which will be sweet for space.
I was thinking maybe rising the floor, using the underside for boards and long tools ect. Then racking the back both sides up to the side door, leaving a nice big space up front for getting changed and chilling out after surfs..
if anyone has any ideas or photos would help massive as I can't find much on the net.

Cheers
Sam

I stick my boards on the roof (if taking the wife's 8ft board) or in the boot if it's just my 5'10".

So nice returning to a toasty van (leave the heater on) like we did at Harlyn on Saturday.

I stick my boards on the roof (if taking the wife's 8ft board) or in the boot if it's just my 5'10".

So nice returning to a toasty van (leave the heater on) like we did at Harlyn on Saturday.

Yeah my 10" log will go on the roof and my 6'4 in the back... just want two separate areas for tools and comfort.

Sweet as! I spend a lot of time in polzy as I work mostly down there. We just done that big one at new polzeath, the one that had the crane up for ages.
Yeah do, it's currently being delivered 1st week of march.

That was a whopper. Work must be going well if you're getting jobs like that!
If you see a 16 plate dark blue Cali with roof bars and a bike rack, that's us!

Back