Wiring Route

Dazwoods

Hi all. I am currently converting a twin sliding door kombi. Does anyone see a problem with running a 240 cable and a positive feed under the ply floor to rear cupboards. I have the MCB under passenger seat and CTek with leisure battery under drivers seat.

For the 240V, most have fitted a 2 pole MCB and some form of RCCB or ELCB, I think the regulations say you must have these. A neat way to do this would be a combined unit like this;

Use Arctic Grade Cable.

For the 12V, correct fusing, correct crimps properly applied.

Apart from that, run the cable where it's never gonna get a screw put through it, and maybe give it some protection against chafing, I used this;

1608819296346.png

Thanks. I have fitted an RCD protected unit with 10 amp and 6 amp breakers. I have wired the Victoron battery charger into the 6 amp and an arctic grade cable to the rear. I think I have found a route up the B pillar over the door and down the C pilllar for feed to the 12v system and was going to try and pull a coil conduit through first to protect the cables.
The 240v cable which I have installed is just slightly to short for this so was going to run inbetween the high points on the floor and central to where rear cuboards will be fixed. I will be fixing the cupboards myself so will have measrements and pictures of cable run.

Thanks. I have fitted an RCD protected unit with 10 amp and 6 amp breakers. I have wired the Victoron battery charger into the 6 amp and an arctic grade cable to the rear. I think I have found a route up the B pillar over the door and down the C pilllar for feed to the 12v system and was going to try and pull a coil conduit through first to protect the cables.
The 240v cable which I have installed is just slightly to short for this so was going to run inbetween the high points on the floor and central to where rear cuboards will be fixed. I will be fixing the cupboards myself so will have measrements and pictures of cable run.
Hi, I have just seen your post . Have you routed the cable down the passenger of the van only or have you put a socket on the drivers side too ? If so did you keep the cable at roof height, or did you go across the roof ? I am looking at all options and trying to allow for an installation of a pop top in the future . Thanks

Hi, I have just seen your post . Have you routed the cable down the passenger of the van only or have you put a socket on the drivers side too ? If so did you keep the cable at roof height, or did you go across the roof ? I am looking at all options and trying to allow for an installation of a pop top in the future . Thanks
Hi I have a double slider so I went up the B pillar over the door and down C pillar into void above wheel arch. This was the 12v stuff and wires for solar in conduit. Could not fit the 240v cable this way so went below in side step and up. I have one 240 socket behind passenger seat and rest drivers side on kitchen units.

Back