Wiring Rear Bumper Led Lights?..

SAF1981

Diver
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello

I have purchased a set of LED bumper lights from Mr, Ali Express but there aren't any instructions for wiring them in.
Does anyone have any instructions file I can download or have done this swap before?
There are 3 bare wires black, red and white
Any help would be appreciated

IMG_20200223_155104.jpg

Black will be -ve then red and white will be stop and side lights. Just connect them up. You've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right first time :laugh:

Black will be -ve then red and white will be stop and side lights. Just connect them up. You've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right first time :laugh:
Thanks. I haven't looked at the bumper lights yet. Is it relatively straight forward accessible to "plug and play" or do I need to take bumpers off and feed wires to the tail lights?

Hello

I have purchased a set of LED bumper lights from Mr, Ali Express but there aren't any instructions for wiring them in.
Does anyone have any instructions file I can download or have done this swap before?
There are 3 bare wires black, red and white
Any help would be appreciated

View attachment 61378
Do you have a link for these? I fancy a set.
Thanks Alan.

Do you have a link for these? I fancy a set.
Thanks Alan.
They took about 3 weeks to arrive but came from China. There are sellers on ebay that maybe European for quicker delivery.
Some of the sellers on Ali Express have European hubs so again will be quicker

They took about 3 weeks to arrive but came from China. There are sellers on ebay that maybe European for quicker delivery.
Some of the sellers on Ali Express have European hubs so again will be quicker
Thank you very much.:thumbsup:

Thanks. I haven't looked at the bumper lights yet. Is it relatively straight forward accessible to "plug and play" or do I need to take bumpers off and feed wires to the tail lights?
I think you might get away with leaving the bumper in situ, prising off your existing reflectors and re-fitting these. Behind the tail-lamps is a grommet that feeds the wiring for the lights back inside the van - you’d be safest connect these reflectors to the loom inside, so you can rest assured that your rear lights won’t one day drop-out from unintended water ingress.

If this is double-Dutch to you, have a look at post 2 for a photo of these grommets:

Barn-door To Tailgate Conversion

Keep us posted

I think you might get away with leaving the bumper in situ, prising off your existing reflectors and re-fitting these. Behind the tail-lamps is a grommet that feeds the wiring for the lights back inside the van - you’d be safest connect these reflectors to the loom inside, so you can rest assured that your rear lights won’t one day drop-out from unintended water ingress.

If this is double-Dutch to you, have a look at post 2 for a photo of these grommets:

Barn-door To Tailgate Conversion

Keep us posted
Cheers for that link and info. Hopefully it'll be straightforward. I'll give it a go once the T6 has thawed out from this snow.

I'm sure there is a grommet in to the lower rear quarter directly behind where the reflectors are.

I was looking at the smoked version of these but from the information it seems like they were just lights and not reflectors, no good for me as I wanted to fit them without wiring up.

Do you have the smoked version or standard red? It’s difficult to see from the photo

Is this the wiring schematic I need to use to wire them in?
Screenshot_20200228_170340_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg Screenshot_20200228_170333_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg Screenshot_20200228_170340_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg Screenshot_20200228_170333_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Hi, have you managed to wire these up yet,im sure we'd all like to see them working with pics to show..

Show us yur LEDS :p

Pretty sure black is ground. Negative.
Red is tail light or brke light dependant on what you want it to do and white is indicator which may be dynamic. If these are the same as the ones on ebay..

How much light do they put out? Looking at getting the white set to add as reversing lights

Back