Wiring For Ablemail Dc-dc Charger

Owain

T6 Pro
Hi,

Just putting wiring in for new t6 towbar and i want to put wiring in for ablemail battery battery charger at same time while dash & seats are out.

Looking at ablemail installation handbook I am a little confused.

Is my undertanding correct, high amp cable and small sense cable connected to +ve of t6 main battery. Is this all i need to feed from engine bay.

Ablemail installation note also shows 0v on b2b unit connected to chasis ground near main battery. Can i just connect this to chasis under my passenger seat near the b2b unit, no need to wire thorough to engine bay?

Screenshot_20190426-140307.png

In fact can i just not connect leisure battery -ve to chassis ground, b2b 0v to chassis ground.

Is there any reason to directly connect leisure battery -ve to b2b 0v to main battery and chassis ground? Why not just connect all to chassis?

Can’t see why that wouldn’t work. What’s the sense cable for?

What’s the sense cable for?

Provides a more accurate measurement of the battery voltage which allows for the voltage drop in the feed cable from the van battery to the charger.

My Ablemail DC-DC gets its ground connection from chassis ground right beside the unit itself and the leisure battery beside it.
You only need 12v feed + sense from the engine bay - as instructed by Travelvolts.

Pete

Super. Just need to buy the ablemail unit and a battery, then something to drive from battery.....

Will scan threads for some fridge hints....

I think the diagram that comes with the Ablemail itself is a bit clearer. I'll try and photograph it later for you and post on here. But if memory serves me correct, all the earths just connected to the vehicle body. Stud under the drivers seat was used in my case.

The other thing is, the sense wire is not fitted for some reason, is this detrimental to the running of the charger.

In my experience, it works fine. No issues in 2 years with an Ablemail.

Pete

Back