Wireless CarPlay addon

Sturge

IT Support
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Bought a wireless CarPlay adapter for the van from here.

it plugs into the normal usb socket in place of the normal lead. Then it has a pass through usb so you can still use a cable

I then found a wireless charging pad which fits neatly in the comfort dash.

I use the Alpine head unit, but is also compatible with the VW Head unit apparantly.

i managed to fit a double USB where the factory lead would go.

Nice solution.

6E495B35-9451-4022-B2E9-09368DA294CB.jpeg

DCD0E671-0345-4A6F-973D-33451DB8E082.jpeg

FD98150D-F285-4D23-AA38-7F5EC86952F6.jpeg

37BB2F00-4CE1-4184-ABD3-F8AE22FC0CB5.jpeg

This is the unit

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have one too, 90% of the time it connects first time to the VW Disco unit, it can get a bit wobbly if your phone is connected to a different WiFi network when you first turn the ignition on. I’m hoping that there’s a software upgrade at some point, but it’s not a huge issue.

I have one too, 90% of the time it connects first time to the VW Disco unit, it can get a bit wobbly if your phone is connected to a different WiFi network when you first turn the ignition on. I’m hoping that there’s a software upgrade at some point, but it’s not a huge issue.

If near your house and you’re still connected to Wifi it may not connect automatically the first few times so manually connect to it via WiFi (it still might not connect) but keep manually connecting and your iPhone should learn to prioritise it’s WiFi after a few times.

If near your house and you’re still connected to Wifi it may not connect automatically the first few times so manually connect to it via WiFi (it still might not connect) but keep manually connecting and your iPhone should learn to prioritise it’s WiFi after a few times.

I’ve got a Mesh system at home, the signal is at max near my van so I think that’s where the confusion lies. It would be better if the unit would attempt to retry the connection once the current mesh signal had dropped, but I don’t think it does that.

T6, Does anyone know if there is an adapter for the back of the dash usb (the one for CarPlay) or if there’s a port in the head unit so I can hide a wireless CarPlay adapter in the dash? Then I can blank off that external one.

If so what’s the best access method.

Hi, can anyone recommend a wireless CarPlay adaptor for for iPhone, ideally one that can stream YouTube / Netflix. Thanks. For a standard T6.1 head-unit. Thanks

EDB6FAF9-D436-4F1B-9A5E-3868BD62FAC1.jpeg

I bought one of the "Carlinkit 4.0 for Wireless CarPlay Box Android Auto Dongle Car Player Activator" after it was recommended by another member on here, and it works perfectly with the standard head unit in my T6.1. Got it from ebay, and it's the same as this

I have it plugged into one of the USB C connections by the drinks holder, and then it is held onto the plastic via dual lock and it is fairly inconspicuous.

I use a Carlinkit Mini in my Passat (T6 doesn’t have CarPlay) and am very happy with it. As far as I know CarPlay doesn’t stream video.

I bought one of the "Carlinkit 4.0 for Wireless CarPlay Box Android Auto Dongle Car Player Activator" after it was recommended by another member on here, and it works perfectly with the standard head unit in my T6.1. Got it from ebay, and it's the same as this

I have it plugged into one of the USB C connections by the drinks holder, and then it is held onto the plastic via dual lock and it is fairly inconspicuous.
Thanks mate, have you managed to use screen ‘mirroring’ or been able to use video apps like YouTube?

Think I have found what I want, but it’s a bit expensive! MMI media box, as featured here
I was hoping there was a sub £100 box that would do the same, I’ll just use my phone then!

Had my post in here but my question is not the same.

How would can you hide the wireless car play if you don’t have the comfort dash and just have the usb for head unit on the passenger side. Is there a blanking plate and how best to pop the device behind the dash?

Are you still using this? Would you recommend? Thanks

Back