Wireless Android Auto - Now Working

RedUn

Kombi... work in progress
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening all,

After some time on Google drinking tea I've got this to work now on a non Google (pixel) phone.

You need an android 9 phone and a headunit with WiFi and android auto.

The setup I'm using is a Kenwood DMX8019DABS and a Samsung s10+

In my case I did nothing to the headunit and just had to follow these instructions from xda devs

How to get wireless Android Auto working on non-Pixel phones

It's a bit of a fuss to get it to connect the first time but once it's done it once it seems reliable.

It's nice and quick for me, I can plug and unplug the USB (for charging) as I wish and it works seamlessly.

Hope that helps a few people out who have been waiting for this, couple of pics from earlier...

Any questions let me know and I'll do my best to help, I'm no expert though!

Cheers
Rick

20191005_181414.jpg 20191005_181404.jpg
20191006_151221.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!

It's the reason I never bother buying upgraded nav systems in my cars/vans - no matter how much you pay, nothing is as good as Google Maps for getting you there and avoiding the traffic.

How does Google Maps look on it? Do you have to pay any sort of subscription?

I hope to get a T6.1 next year which I don't think has Andoid Auto, just Apple Car Play.

Looking good!

It's the reason I never bother buying upgraded nav systems in my cars/vans - no matter how much you pay, nothing is as good as Google Maps for getting you there and avoiding the traffic.

How does Google Maps look on it? Do you have to pay any sort of subscription?

I hope to get a T6.1 next year which I don't think has Andoid Auto, just Apple Car Play.
It is the best without a doubt in all countries!

Maps look good, just a big version in landscape of Google maps, I'll get a picture for you next time I'm out in the van :thumbsup:

No subscription at all

Not the best picture in the world but here you go... The buttons at the bottom are actually red and match the dash lights but they look orange for some reason?

20191015_194009.jpg

Back