Winter Tyre noise

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I had my winter tyres fitted 2 weeks ago: Nokians. I have since been to Austria and back total journey 1890 miles.

Great grip in the snow driving up to the glacier. :tongue bounce: But they are noisy or is it just me?

But the wind noise at 110mph on an Autobahn cancelled some of it out :smile bounce:

I've found previous winters noisy, but the Hankooks I've got for the van are much quieter than the tyres I've got on at the mo. I'm actually looking forward to putting them on.

So I had my winter tyres fitted 2 weeks ago: Nokians. I have since been to Austria and back total journey 1890 miles.

Great grip in the snow driving up to the glacier. :tongue bounce: But they are noisy or is it just me?

But the wind noise at 110mph on an Autobahn cancelled some of it out :smile bounce:
Go you..............Which Nokians did you go for?

On the weekend I removed my 18" Sportlines to put the original Devonports with Cargo 2s on for the winter. I can't believe how different the van looks......and not in a good way!

So, another set of 18's are on order with Hankook I*cept Evo 2 boots fitted. We run the Yeti with I*cept Evo 1 boots in the winter (this is the fourth season for the same set) and they are brilliant winter tyres. They don't feel 'loose' like a lot of other winter tyres and like Scruffy mentions above, they are quiet too.

I guess there will be another set of Devonports in the for sale section soon.

Back