Winter camping sites

Looks lovely. That site is on my list to try sometime - any idea what access to the site would be like with a 20ft trailer and how near are the pitches to the boat launch? Thanks.
There is a small fee to launch directly from the site, not sure how much this is , can ask in the morning before we leave .
Access is straight forward no tight turns or hills BUT there is an off camber section of road before you reach the site. Plenty of room to launch and manoeuvre a trailer as only tent pitches close to water. Hope this helps.

There is a small fee to launch directly from the site, not sure how much this is , can ask in the morning before we leave .
Access is straight forward no tight turns or hills BUT there is an off camber section of road before you reach the site. Plenty of room to launch and manoeuvre a trailer as only tent pitches close to water. Hope this helps.
Thanks. We've used a site on the shores of Ullswater a few times over the last couple of years and want to give somewhere else a try up there - hard to tell from the C&CC book, etc., how good boat access and launch is.

Thanks. We've used a site on the shores of Ullswater a few times over the last couple of years and want to give somewhere else a try up there - hard to tell from the C&CC book, etc., how good boat access and launch is.
I’ll take a couple of pics in daylight tomorrow to give you an idea of area to launch.
We’ve been here in July also when it’s busier with tents pitched and seen people launch boats so should be ok.

That looks like a nice simple slipway.
It can get a little busy with parked cars at times as the posts are designated parking for tent campers but saying that it is mostly back packer 2 man tents that pitch on that grassed area.

Thanks for posting - looks perfect. Can you easily access that slipway (i.e whilst dragging a 90kg, 20ft x 10ft boat behind on a trolley) from the camp’s pitches?
Sorry @Davenjo I couldn't confirm that as it is a busy site and cars do park against those posts, don't know if there is a size limit on boats allowed onto the site, my other half has done some sailing and says you could launch up to a Wayfarer size without issue. Site is totally flat though so manoeuvring around should not be a problem, hope this helps.

Sorry @Davenjo I couldn't confirm that as it is a busy site and cars do park against those posts, don't know if there is a size limit on boats allowed onto the site, my other half has done some sailing and says you could launch up to a Wayfarer size without issue. Site is totally flat though so manoeuvring around should not be a problem, hope this helps.
Wow, if you can get a Wayfarer down there, you could launch a submarine.;)

Wow, if you can get a Wayfarer down there, you could launch a submarine.;)
Not necessarily- our kayaks may only be about half the weight but they are about 3ft longer and 4ft wider rigged,

I’ve launched from there.. only a tinker though.. it’s ideal for smaller dinghys . Water depth not great and it’s a shallow slope .. when water level drops in summer you can walk about 100 m from here without getting your feet wet ..

Back