Winter camping sites

Tony&Dawn

T6 Guru
Hi everyone,
Looking ahead for sites that are open through winter that you guys & ladies could recommend, thinking after October time when a lot of sites close.
Already a member of CC & CCC clubs but wondered which private sites may continue through some of winter.
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
Looking ahead for sites that are open through winter that you guys & ladies could recommend, thinking after October time when a lot of sites close.
Already a member of CC & CCC clubs but wondered which private sites may continue through some of winter.
Thanks in advance.
Loads of sites stay open year round including quite a few of the clubs. Personally, we tend to stay at sites closer to home during the winter for quick weekend getaways after school.

I understand the not traveling too far in winter from home but I still like to get away for more than a weekend even through winter.
Would you have any "Recommendations " for sites even if they are not far from home.
Thanks

Hi @Penry If you go onto ukcampsite.co.uk , and look at popular searches heading, you will find an open all year section that has loads , also a great place for info on sites.

At this current moment it's a T4 LWB converted with heating, awning / canopy covering most bases, T6 Swb converted ready October, no issues with wild camping but during winter some amenities are welcome.

Just with the variety of people here I thought that some may go through the whole year camping so would have some personal favourites for the winter months.

Penry I used the Melrose CC site last weekend. Pretty standard fare for a CC site as in spotless toilet/shower block, curtain twitching etc :p

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...orders/melrose-gibson-park-caravan-club-site/

Benefits were Co-op & cash machine right outside the site, and plenty of options for eating - Burt’s hotel in Melrose being a great place to have dinner. The other benefit is a stroll (half hour) to Tweedbank station where you can take the Borders Railway to Edinburgh for under £12 return. You can park at the station too, but that limits your liquid lunch options :D

Borders Railway Line | Edinburgh | Tweedbank

@maxdefrost have stayed at Melrose a couple of years back, found the wardens really helpful on that site at the time, great little town as well, we used for a base for Mtb ing in the Tweedvalley.

Not quite a campsite but FYI, if your looking for an overnight stop en route somewhere, or a few days on the piste, discovered today that Glen Shee Ski Centre car park now has electric hook up for campervans / motorhomes. They're available on first come first served basis (cant be booked in advance). If it's late and no one's about, apparently you just plug in and hand over your fiver when the ticket office opens in the morning. There's toilets and a cafe 100 yards away. Office and camp area at the green building in the distance in the photo. And eh.....great place if your Transpotter.:whistle:

20180107_094947.jpg

Back