Wing Mirror Scuff

Hi, this morning found my wing mirror has a black scuff mark. I think it's been caught by a passing van and the black mark is off there mirror.
Tried to polish it off, on the recommendation of a neighbour but to no good. Does anyone have a guaranteed way of removing the mark please.

Have you used a machine polisher to do it? That with a suitable compound should remove it.

My caravelle is grey and a 69 plate.The the scuff is black,and if I scratch it with my nail I can feel it's on top of the paint and off what ever hit me.
Thanks for replying

Same happened to me...I used autoglym super resin polish with short ply microfibre cloth...apply a bit of pressure at first ..then wipe off to inspect and repeat ...but don’t rub too hard in one area ..once happy ease off the pressure to bring it to a shine..when apply a wax protection and buff :thumbsup:

Machines are great ...but in small area’s do it by hand

Same happened to me...I used autoglym super resin polish with short ply microfibre cloth...apply a bit of pressure at first ..then wipe off to inspect and repeat ...but don’t rub too hard in one area ..once happy ease off the pressure to bring it to a shine..when apply a wax protection and buff :thumbsup:

Machines are great ...but in small area’s do it by hand
Hi,sorry for not replying sooner.Did like you said ,worked a treat thank for your help

Back