Windscreen excess Help

MrT

T6 Guru
Hi all. Recently bought me wife a mini countryman. We bought it from mini Bournemouth 3hrs away from us. After paying for it notice damage anyways the manger said he will arrange for it to be collected and returned to us once he had drivers back from furlough.
repairs have been done and delivered back to us. Notice tho 1 scuff alloy and a chip windscreen the mini manager is happy to pay for alloy repair and to pay my wives windscreen excess on her insurance Does this sound right or should I get him to pay for the windscreen and not involve my insurance ?

his Response below

FDBC6420-BA66-4793-A77E-23207075CED9.jpeg

Personally I would call your insurance and see what they have to say.
Just hesitate as I don’t know why I have to even involve my insurance when the damage occurred while in there possession and they have admitted it.
Been trying to be reasonable with him as I know this things happen

If the damage to the windscreen was done before you owned the car, then I don’t understand how you can claim on your insurance.
Dangerously close to insurance fraud IMHO.

Pete

If the damage to the windscreen was done before you owned the car, then I don’t understand how you can claim on your insurance.
Dangerously close to insurance fraud IMHO.

Pete
The damage happened when the driver drove back to Bournemouth in our mini or on return back to colchester either way in the drivers possession. Didn’t think of insurance fraud tho see what they say

Just because most insurers state that a windscreen claim doesn't affect your NCB doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect your premium at next renewal.

Reactions: MrT
The damage happened when the driver drove back to Bournemouth in our mini or on return back to colchester either way in the drivers possession. Didn’t think of insurance fraud tho see what they say

OK, so sounds like it was your car when they drove it to fix the issues, so could be covered by your insurance.

Pete

Reactions: MrT
I reckon you’ve done well to get the alloy and w/screen excess covered without an argument. I think they’ve been reasonable, no issues with insurance cover so just get it done.

I reckon you’ve done well to get the alloy and w/screen excess covered without an argument. I think they’ve been reasonable, no issues with insurance cover so just get it done.
tbf they did a detailed walk around video of the car checking for everything and no damage was reported. It wasn’t until the manager looked at the video and called to say he’ll cover the damages but made sure I got that down written tho hence the email he sent

We are in Bournemouth and have a countryman. We never use that dealer they are not to good . If it’s under mini warranty then you want them to get the wheel refurbished and have a mini windscreen fitted . We have a heated one so would cost a fortune . What model did you get we have the 1.5 petrol all4 and its great even tows are caravan.
hope you get it sorted.

We are in Bournemouth and have a countryman. We never use that dealer they are not to good . If it’s under mini warranty then you want them to get the wheel refurbished and have a mini windscreen fitted . We have a heated one so would cost a fortune . What model did you get we have the 1.5 petrol all4 and its great even tows are caravan.
hope you get it sorted.
Tbf they was great when I enquired but the after sales is not great can’t get of them now. I rang auto glass to see how much and was £1095 for a replacement. We got the Cooper works all4 300bhp can half shift :D

If you have a BMW approved body shop near to you they could arrange for the wheel to be done through them. We are on are fourth mini and I always say mini are good until you leave the dealers with it . It then becomes a BMW and the after sales is rubbish . I would just keep original parts as they are a pain with warranty work always looking for a way out .
The cooper works now with300 BHP must be a fun car to drive we liked the hybrid but does not have a tow weight so no good for use.

If you have a BMW approved body shop near to you they could arrange for the wheel to be done through them. We are on are fourth mini and I always say mini are good until you leave the dealers with it . It then becomes a BMW and the after sales is rubbish . I would just keep original parts as they are a pain with warranty work always looking for a way out .
The cooper works now with300 BHP must be a fun car to drive we liked the hybrid but does not have a tow weight so no good for use.
With an update yesterday they are willing to pay for the refurb and windscreen repair tbh I just want it finished now they have been a pain to deal with. Need to get it done ASAP as we have it booked in for a ceramic coating the paint work is shocking to say the least

Back