Window Tinting - East Midlands

dmk

mojaveist
T6 Pro
I have a 2017 caravelle with the standard tinted windows, but would like to go slighlty darker.

Has anyone advice on what level of tint I need to go on top of the standard and any other "gotchas" please?

Also, can anyone recommend a tinting company ideally near milton keynes or within 50 miles please?

ta !

I tinted mine to a total tint of just about 90%

From memory it was about a 65% tint so 35% visible light transmission

None of my windows move but planned to do it so I hadn’t ordered opening rear windows

Been very happy with it - can see out fine but can’t see in. Had it on about 18 months and no issues

Reactions: dmk
How much did it cost to do it yourself? I'm tempted but sliding windows and lack of experience puts me off. Plus i'm the kind of guy that always gets bubbles in the protective screen on my phone, let alone an entire window! Been quoted £200 for a company to do it for me :(

I've been quoted £180 so im interested too on a diy product and cost please

You can buy rolls on amazon / eBay but sorry if misleading - I had it done not diy. I did look at it and you can get YouTube vids showing how to do it but I think there is some skill involved

As long as you don't do the front cab windows or windscreen you can go as dark as you like legally.

I had my tailgate window, and both slider door windows done two weeks ago by these guys - O.G Tinting – Northampton Car Window Tinting - in Earls Barton between Wellingborough & Northampton. Can't fault their workmanship, and all for £140.

Made me a coffee and watched them do it, and only took an hour.

Top job & well happy. I went for limo tint onto the standard VW green tinted glass & it's bang on for me. Can sit in the back in privacy, with no-one able to see in, but can still see out perfectly adequately.

Hope that helps..

fullsizeoutput_29d5.jpeg

A word of advice... Get it done professionally. It can be easy to tint a Window, but if you want it to be near perfect don't bother doing a DIY. Cheap film of fleabay, dust, a lack of knowledge, etc - etc = l wish l had spent the £200 and also you get a guarantee. Just remember, if you have a 50% tint already, you may only need a 20% added tint to achieve your ideal tint. 50%+20% =70% if you get my drift!!

Hope this helps. (ex window tinter)

Sign man you should do a group tint day for everybody on here or a weekend tint extravaganza !
no.1 Me
no.2

yeh but no but yeh but no but yeh

3m tint on ebay should be good quality i might have a go this summer

Good luck........
Remember not to use fairy liquid in your water spray mix, being a detergent it can effect the life of the adhesive. Use a mild liquid soap, like Johnsons baby wash........

I had my tailgate window, and both slider door windows done two weeks ago by these guys - O.G Tinting – Northampton Car Window Tinting - in Earls Barton between Wellingborough & Northampton. Can't fault their workmanship, and all for £140.

Made me a coffee and watched them do it, and only took an hour.

Top job & well happy. I went for limo tint onto the standard VW green tinted glass & it's bang on for me. Can sit in the back in privacy, with no-one able to see in, but can still see out perfectly adequately.

Hope that helps..

View attachment 38762
I'm working very close in Barnwell. I will speak to them in the morning as this is on my to do list.:thumbsup:

I paid £180 from company in Swindon with a poor job done- I’m going back to him to sort it out - if won’t I post his company on here as one to avoid

Some quick feedback:

I had my windows tinted by O.G. Tinting as recommended above by @Steve H
Outstanding results ... very happy

Yep I want to get mine re done from an decent company, possibly OG.

I used Swindon auto asylum, they done such a poor job the tint was not even cut straight on the edges along with one window not taking very well and they refused to put re apply it, so I won’t touch them again.

Customer service was just as bad, the drop of and pick I was promised was actually me using by own van to drop myself off then I had to walk back to the tint shop to pick it up, the van was dirty with water marks all over it
when I when I went to pick it up and was told down worry it will wash off!! Some people have used Auto asylum Swindon with no issues but i wish i never went near that company.

Yep I want to get mine re done from an decent company, possibly OG.

I used Swindon auto asylum, they done such a poor job the tint was not even cut straight on the edges along with one window not taking very well and they refused to put re apply it, so I won’t touch them again.

Customer service was just as bad, the drop of and pick I was promised was actually me using by own van to drop myself off then I had to walk back to the tint shop to pick it up, the van was dirty with water marks all over it
when I when I went to pick it up and was told down worry it will wash off!! Some people have used Auto asylum Swindon with no issues but i wish i never went near that company.

Oooh, that's interesting, I was going to use Auto Asylum for mine as I'd heard lots of good reports about them and I'm told by a mate of mine (who is also a good mate of his) that he's a big Transporter fan having one of his own, anyway I went to see him just after I got my van (13 months or so ago) and I thought he was extreemly rude and didn't seem like he was that bothered about doing the job, so I didn't follow it up there and then, having said that I then went on to have a bit of a mountain bike crash and broke 12 ribs, shoulder, collarbone and punctured a lung so the whole tinting thing went right off my radar and I haven't picked the idea up again since. Anyone recommend somewhere near Wiltshire?

Back