Why isn't there...?

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Having had a T5.1 camper for a few years we are in the position of looking a buying a new bus for the family. Maybe we are strange, but ideally we would like windows all the way round, a sliding 3 sester rib bed and units that are the same height from front to back. Finding this setup available at converters has proved problematic and it has been like searching for rocking horse poo! Has anyone got a similar layout and if so, who converted it for you?

Last edited:
Having had a T5.1 camper for a few years we are in the position of looking a buying a new bus for the family. Maybe we are strange, but ideally we would like windows all the way round, a sliding 3 sester rib bed and units that are the same height from front to back. Finding this setup available at converters has proved problematic and it has been like searching for rocking horse poo! Has anyone got a similar layout and if so, who converted it for you?
Reimo do a set of furniture similar to your requirements, I think it’s called “City Van”.
Speak to Dirty Weekender in Worcester, they’ve done a few vans that meet your spec.

My van has all those requirements, it was built by Sherwood Campers.

View attachment 158953

View attachment 158954

View attachment 158955
That looks perfect. Shame their website doesn't appear to work on my phone.
I notice your camper has twin sliders. Does the driver's side door give access to behind the units. Secondly, where is the hookup point and what sort of water container/tank do you have? Finally do you have an lpg or campingaz setup?
Sorry for all the questions.

I notice your camper has twin sliders. Does the driver's side door give access to behind the units. Secondly, where is the hookup point and what sort of water container/tank do you have? Finally do you have an lpg or campingaz setup?
Sorry for all the questions.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been at work all day today.

Yes, the drivers side sliding door gives access to the rear of the kitchen unit.
The EHU is under the bonnet.
I have a Reimo 13 litre water container that lives in the rearmost cabinet. This is only used for washing up etc, I use bottled water for drinking and cooking.
There's no gas in the van, I have an induction hob that runs off of a Clayton LPS.

Last edited:
Back