Wallop!

Insert Coin

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've got Chipsaway here this morning doing a touch up to my ABT snowplough and whilst turning the van round in the yard to make it easier for the guy I managed to do this -

2019-03-22 08.46.23.jpg

Great, on the plus side I can get rid of that crappy Wessex Vans bumper protector.

I know where the post is, I've turned around 10000 times in that yard, somehow it wasn't on the camera, couldn't see it on any of the mirrors and the reverse sensor didn't pick it up until it was too late.

And the irony is that I've given two verbal warnings to drivers in the past two weeks for hitting that exact same post. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've got Chipsaway here this morning doing a touch up to my ABT snowplough and whilst turning the van round in the yard to make it easier for the guy I managed to do this -

View attachment 39389

Great, on the plus side I can get rid of that crappy Wessex Vans bumper protector.

I know where the post is, I've turned around 10000 times in that yard, somehow it wasn't on the camera, couldn't see it on any of the mirrors and the reverse sensor didn't pick it up until it was too late.

And the irony is that I've given two verbal warnings to drivers in the past two weeks for hitting that exact same post. :rolleyes:
Whoops, still at least it wasn’t an adblue related incident. :whistle:
I can see a new company directive coming out - banksman to be in place for all rearwards manoeuvring.

View attachment 39389

Karma! :rofl:

This is the offending post, unfortunately I can't cut it down, but I was tempted I can tell you. :mad:

2019-03-22 10.43.21.jpg

Cut it down and the dent in the rear bumper will be the least of the problems. The enormous one on the vans roof would be slightly harder to buff out.
Still, carting a roof that size around on top of the T6 will have three benefits;
1. The rain will not be able to penetrate the leaky VW roof bars.
2. The rain will not be able to penetrate the leaky side windows.
3. The rain will not be able to penetrate the leaky tailgate trim due to hinges that don’t pull it in properly.

Mmm, is it just me or is a theme emerging here? A T6 would make a pretty rubbish submarine o_O

The really annoying thing is the ChipsAway guy has done an amazing repair on my snowplough. :rolleyes:

Cut it down and the dent in the rear bumper will be the least of the problems. The enormous one on the vans roof would be slightly harder to buff out.
Still, carting a roof that size around on top of the T6 will have three benefits;
1. The rain will not be able to penetrate the leaky VW roof bars.
2. The rain will not be able to penetrate the leaky side windows.
3. The rain will not be able to penetrate the leaky tailgate trim due to hinges that don’t pull it in properly.

Mmm, is it just me or is a theme emerging here? A T6 would make a pretty rubbish submarine o_O

My Hi-Lo is due to be fitted in 3 weeks, your idea might save me a few quid ;)

The really annoying thing is the ChipsAway guy has done an amazing repair on my snowplough. :rolleyes:

My Hi-Lo is due to be fitted in 3 weeks, your idea might save me a few quid ;)
Let me get in before @Ed Webb comes blundering through......
If you are getting a Hilo you may still want to opt for the overarching roof idea, to keep the water out. ;):rofl: come on Ed, tell me that was not what you’d have said, Mr Bathtub roof.

If we're honest that open sided canopy is probably a waste of time anyway as the rain in this country always blows sideways (it's sods law) so the floor and worker below is invariably wet still plus the canopy robs light from the area below and the supports get in the bloddy way just like in a multi storey car park, blow it up while you're still angry.:thumbsup:

Let me get in before @Ed Webb comes blundering through......
If you are getting a Hilo you may still want to opt for the overarching roof idea, to keep the water out. ;):rofl: come on Ed, tell me that was not what you’d have said, Mr Bathtub roof.
:slow rofl:Nowt wrong with a bath tub

Well that was an expensive little bump, I'm well and truly annoyed with myself. :mad:

Attachments

• REPORT1.pdf
    190.8 KB · Views: 72
Back