Which Trailer?

Yeah, not 80mph like you see people dragging those little wheelbarrows that are stacked outside Halfords down the Auto routes. More often than not just before suffering a blow out as the tiny little tyres have got a bit too hot.
Wheelbarrows.....love it!!!

@VanDamMan how do you use that awning on the trailer? It looks a bit low to sit under or do you use it so you can sit on the floor underneath it?

@VanDamMan how do you use that awning on the trailer? It looks a bit low to sit under or do you use it so you can sit on the floor underneath it?
Like probably most used to seeing the awning high at the back and lower at the front...however this model is designed for vans as well as suv/cars .. so can be either high or low ...at the lowest point by the trailer its 1.5m ( don’t need headroom when sitting)
No motors ..pulls out ..easy to put up
10D71A14-FFBB-45AD-8B2E-2B3A098BA806.png
Not my image
99A82CE7-DB92-4741-ACC3-3B909443034E.jpeg

Threads merged
Hi there
looking to get extra storage and would like to get a towbar fitted to my T6 and get a lockable trailer
any suggestions on both at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Loads of threads on here about towbars - Westfalia seems to be the most popular.
You need to decide if you are going to fit it yourself, or get someone to do it. PF Jones seem to have a good reputation, but they do outsource the work sometimes.
Trailers are less common. I think @VanDamMan has looked at these, and bought one.

Pete

Locking to the towbar or a locking lid?
I like the Brenderup range of trailers - good quality and lots of accessories! Definitely not of the Halfords/Erde “wheelbarrow” quality!

Pct is a better towbar in my opinion. No extra parts required to get the bumper fitted correctly.

Hi @kayle ..Solar from ..Alpha Batteries 150w Xplorer ( but sadly out of stock ) to secure I brought some Narrow boat brackets and some alloy bar and used the THULE T Bolts and clamps to use on the roof bars

8DD00481-E474-4B99-AE4B-336A3ECA89A0.jpeg076301FD-4A88-4E1B-9F5A-96C795B32906.jpeg50EECA6C-E0D6-487B-A59D-8C61689A1BA4.jpeg

A stainless steel bar ( threaded ends ) allows the panels to pivot through the Centre

Regarding Solar panels ….Any will do as long as the frame allows you to drill centre holes for the bar ( 10 or 12mm )

ps it’s not a permanent fitment ..only setup on location :thumbsup:

Hi @kayle ..Solar from ..Alpha Batteries 150w Xplorer ( but sadly out of stock ) to secure I brought some Narrow boat brackets and some alloy bar and used the THULE T Bolts and clamps to use on the roof bars

View attachment 122279View attachment 122280View attachment 122281

A stainless steel bar ( threaded ends ) allows the panels to pivot through the Centre

Regarding Solar panels ….Any will do as long as the frame allows you to drill centre holes for the bar ( 10 or 12mm )

ps it’s not a permanent fitment ..only setup on location :thumbsup:
Thank you, that's really helpful.

I used to have the same trailer without the vertical side extension. I used the 150cm Thule wing bars on mine. I did have a set of slightly shorter Thule bars from a previous car, I think they might have been 127cm and they were too short.

The overhang on the side was just about right.

9A7034B7-56EE-4E40-94AF-68EC58A0BB79.jpeg

In my opinion they were perfect as you need some overhang especially if you are putting a few Thule 591 carriers on there. I put five of them on mine and it carried them very nicely. This photo shows the overhang a bit better. The 127 bars wouldn’t even go on with the Thule 757 foot packs so it was a very easy decision.

If I was buying again I would get the 150 wing bars. Those Anssems trailers really are the business, I only sold mine because the T6 swallows everything up, but those trailers are ace.

BE3B6D67-BBF9-4E64-97AD-A8BD3824FB8A.jpeg

I have some older 127s and I was hoping I could save a few quid but I am learning there is no saving money in this transporter business. Hopefully I can get the trailer in a few weeks and have a play. Cheers for the photos and info.

Hi @VanDamMan i am looking at getting the same trailer and roof bar set up, would you happen to remember the length of the EVO bars you got. I am not sure if the 127cm will be enough as the internal width is 126cm? thanks
Sorry for not getting back sooner…..Yes 150cm will fit perfectly ( as @Broadside mentioned :thumbsup: ) ……We add some wrap to colour match the van…just a bit of fun:laugh:

C73C7F18-4242-4CEB-9776-9D825B1BCC31.jpeg

Back