Advice/experience of trailers 6x4 Erde/Daxara 193/198/199

Rob2red

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I need a trailer that's pretty much the same width as the T6 so that it's easy enough to see it behind when reversing. I have mobility issues so I can't unhook and move the trailer myself, and I don't want my mrs having to do it either.

So I wanted to know do any of you guys have the Erde 193, Daxara 198, 199 or something similar???

By what I gather they're counted as 4ft wide but outside to outside of the wheels they're about 5ft wide. So are they easy enough to see in the reversing mirrors, and therefore is it possible to reverse them still hitched up??? I'm not bad with a small trailer as long as I can see it in the mirrors. I'll probably have a carry box on the top of the trailer too so that'll help if I have room to see out the back window! I can also add some trailer markers if need be!

Any pics of your setup similar to this would be great!

Thank you for your help all!

:)

I sometimes tow a small trailer with the van .
I can't see it if I am backing straight but if I go off line I can see the wheel/mudguard appearing and can then turn the steering wheel to correct it back on course.
It's not too difficult especially if you have someone to spot for you.
The VW vans are wider than most small trailers.

I sometimes tow a small trailer with the van .
I can't see it if I am backing straight but if I go off line I can see the wheel/mudguard appearing and can then turn the steering wheel to correct it back on course.
It's not too difficult especially if you have someone to spot for you.
The VW vans are wider than most small trailers.
Cheers @AussieMick you've no idea what size or model yours is I take it mate?

Hi @Rob2red …..we tow a small trailer and as @AussieMick said having someone to spot helps ….but what ever you buy ( or Hire first to test out ) make sure it can adapt to any future needs….like carry bikes or Solar panels …mines turning into a Swiss army Knife thanks to the fact that THULE parts fit it…

Look up Anssems GTB 750

BF616CB5-D18F-4C0C-A22A-AEFEBD3EF0B9.png

Years before I had the budget for a VW van, I had an Erde 142 on the back of my old Astra. I could get the hatchback car and trailer into our local tip where a van (even a privately owned Kombi or camper) is not allowed :whistle:

The trailer was well made and I really liked using it. Unladen it did bounce around a fair bit but was stable with some weight in it. You could also get extended sides/front/tailgate to increase the depth by the same amount again.

Halfords had them on display to take a look at and it came flat packed :thumbsup:

Overall Length2.23m7’3”
Overall Width1.39m4’6”
Overall Height0.88m2’9”

AA65CF8B-D524-4F8D-9075-085776986B47.jpeg

Looking at all of these I can see why they would be popular. I had a very small trailer which was a nightmare to see when reversing, could not see and seemed to have a mind of its own.... The big difference was the length of draw bar. Too short and you have no chance of controlling. These look great though. Good luck with your search!

Here is a simple solution thatvworks for me. I have attached a small aluminium flagpole in the middle of the lid of the trailer, with a "flag" cut from an empty red plastic oil can. In that way, I can always see the direction the trailer is going and can steer accordingly.

Screenshot_20230107_102854_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Back