Which terminal positive for fridge?

Nosnittap

VIP Member
I have a lithium battery, a Nemo split charger and a shunt and a dometic Cr49 fridge. I Know I put negative to shunt but do put positive to leisure battery or the nemo charger to battery terminal. It works with both.
The attached photo isn't the final set up.
Can someone tell me if the way I earthed the wire via the bar is wrong.

CD7000F1-E0EE-4A1C-8CC3-9309924DF4FB.jpeg

@Nosnittap I would connect directly to the battery positive.
Looking at you photo it looks like you have a lot of unfused cables coming from the battery positive. These should all be fused at the battery end.

I like the tie down straps. Where did you get them from please.

I’m sure @Dellmassive will be able to give a lot more info and links fir you to read.

That looks like a fire waiting to happen.

Better to put a fuse box as the first thing that comes off the battery positive and then put all the other connections including the charger through the fuse box, (each circuit fused accordingly)

@Nosnittap I would connect directly to the battery positive.
Looking at you photo it looks like you have a lot of unfused cables coming from the battery positive. These should all be fused at the battery end.

I like the tie down straps. Where did you get them from please.

I’m sure @Dellmassive will be able to give a lot more info and links fir you to read.
Hi. Thanks for the info. I bought the tie down mounts from here Stainless Steel 1 Inch Mount,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GDZ8242?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and the straps I bought from B&Q.

That looks like a fire waiting to happen.

Better to put a fuse box as the first thing that comes off the battery positive and then put all the other connections including the charger through the fuse box, (each circuit fused accordingly)
Hi. I have the fuse box ready to put in I have loads more to do. I just wanted to see if the shunt recognise the fridge drawing power. I’m putting the fuse box in today and some strip lights, switches and charging sockets.

Reactions: Loz
Red wires to -ve and black wires to +ve. That would be a nightmare trying to fault find, plus a possible disaster if you had to replace a component and got them mixed up

Red wires to -ve and black wires to +ve. That would be a nightmare trying to fault find, plus a possible disaster if you had to replace a component and got them mixed up
Hi. I’m going to replace all the negative wires with black I’m waiting for the wire to arrive tomorrow. All of this was just to see how it works. The shunt doesn’t seem to be reading the fact that the battery is being drained by the fridge. I’m looking the videos on YouTube. Can I get a victron smart version of the NEMO split charger. I have solar going in once it’s all set up properly could I replace the NEMO with this.

Victron Orion Smart 18A DC-DC Charger Split Charging System​

Or is this just for solar.

C4059223-5738-4054-8FF8-5EDE09B3CB19.jpeg

Hi. I’m going to replace all the negative wires with black I’m waiting for the wire to arrive tomorrow. All of this was just to see how it works. The shunt doesn’t seem to be reading the fact that the battery is being drained by the fridge. I’m looking the videos on YouTube. Can I get a victron smart version of the NEMO split charger. I have solar going in once it’s all set up properly could I replace the NEMO with this.

Victron Orion Smart 18A DC-DC Charger Split Charging System​

Or is this just for solar.

View attachment 160189
You said ‘ negative to shunt’. You should have leisure battery to one side of shunt - every other -ve connection to other side of shunt ( including fridge -ve) and chassis

Where is the white wire from the shunt connected to?

You said ‘ negative to shunt’. You should have leisure battery to one side of shunt - every other -ve connection to other side of shunt ( including fridge -ve) and chassis
I just swapped the VE from the fridge to the other side of the shunt and now the shunt works properly. Thanks for noticing it.

Back