Which Control Unit For Aftermarket Webasto Parking Heater?

clufus

T6 Pro
Hi. Before posting, I had a really good butchers' in other threads but am none the wiser. Apologies if this has been discussed already:

In 2 weeks I am having a parking heater fitted and have until the day of fitting to decide which controller and positioning within the van. The Webasto Thermo Call App-based system is 3x the price of the in-van Multi-Control Unit and it looks like both will do what I want (heat in winter, vent-only in summer......).

Have any of you guys with parking heaters already decided one way or the other, only to find, subsequently, you wish you had opted for a) the additional flexibility of the Thermo Call App. system or b) the cheaper option, after all (and saved over £200!).

Any comments will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Also interested in the response here.... got to be loads of people with heater control opinions.

@clufus Out of interest. Where have you decided to have yours fit?

Also interested in the response here.... got to be loads of people with heater control opinions.

@clufus Out of interest. Where have you decided to have yours fit?
Exploria. I am attracted by their OEM option(s), as I wish I'd had one fitted by factory. I wanted a fitter who has the highest stds.

If you had the factory fitted option you wouldn't get the air re-circulation option.

I find the Eberspacher Airtronic with an 801 modulator wired for internal thermostat control the simplest option and with the long wiring loom the modulator can be positioned almost anywhere in the vehicle. I don't know what other options there are to include a timer and remote activation but there certainly are some.

Back