Diesel water heater suggestions please

T6newbie

Hi

I’ve been looking at getting hot water for camping. My van is a lwb with a playaway bed (so no furniture). I don’t really want to drag a gas bottle around for the likes of kampa geyser unit.
Can anyone steer me in the direction of whether my existing Factory block heater (webasto thermotop evo, which is now wired with a remote and webasto multi control as a parking heater) could also be used as a water heater with an under slung tank? Are there better ways to get the same result? Thank you

Hi

I’ve been looking at getting hot water for camping. My van is a lwb with a playaway bed (so no furniture). I don’t really want to drag a gas bottle around for the likes of kampa geyser unit.
Can anyone steer me in the direction of whether my existing Factory block heater (webasto thermotop evo, which is now wired with a remote and webasto multi control as a parking heater) could also be used as a water heater with an under slung tank? Are there better ways to get the same result? Thank you
@oldiebut goodie is the guru on heaters - he'll know!

It isn't really the most efficient way to achieve hot water. I went for a gas water heater myself although I have a refurbished Webasto Dual Top sitting in the workshop that I could have used. The Dual Top is the best way to do it BUT it is one heck of a big heater and isn't really suited to our small vans. It is 2 ft long x 15" wide x 11" high and weighs 20kg with a full on heat output of 6Kw.
People have used the Thermo Tops for heating domestic water but not whilst still connected to the vehicle's system, it would mean using a calorifier to transfer the heat to the domestic water.

The kampa Geyser is around £170 currently - is it any good as a shower and how much gas does it get through?

Does anyone have first hand experience?

I tried to jump on the back of an old thread that referred to the kampa

I will do just that!

Back