Which awning rail

Zave

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi guys
Not sure which awning rail I should buy. Not sure which awning either but possibly looking at a Stitches and Steel for now and a Vango Airbeam in the future. I want to fit the rail before I do the carpeting and obviously want to get the right rail now. I see Stitches and Steel do a rail, will it fit the Vango?

You can make any awning fit any rail with the right adapter such as a figure of eight or a kador strip or both. My own preference for a rail would be the VW's own California rail, it has a channel that fits a kador strip but there is also a gutter type attachment available that allows the easier figure of eight to be used straight off the awning, I think Banwy sell all the bits as a kit if I remember right, there is a photo of one in the recent "which Poptop" thread with the slide in adapter in place.

Just get the Vango now and save your money in the long run, Khyam are also worth a look for a quality easy pitch awning

Thanks all. Great advice. I think I'll go with the California rail from Banwy

The Stiches and Steel rail works fine if you have the roof bar prep - just remove the factory fitted rail and replace with the 'c' rail.

I looked at the Vango Kela III, but went for the Kampa motion air VW with the optional canopy. Just had first weekend away with and am well impressed with the build quality and design. The canopy alone makes the decision for Kampa over Vango.

Have been looking for strips of paint protection film - enough to cover the edge of the roof.
Does anyone know of a supplier?

Hi

I've got the reimo rail which has the channel to slide the kador strip into..awaiting delivery of a vango galli airbeam awning. After a lot of research this combination looks right.

Back