Fistral Air Low Awning for T6

70Stenson

Hi , new to the Forum , have bought a Vango Fistral Air Low Awning for T6 VW. Has anyone used this type ?
Not sure whether we need to use the straps round the van as well as the connecting rail, with the fittings on the rail.
Reason being , just using the rail means that the door will slide onto the tunnel possibly damaging it.
Thank you in advance.

I bought a Vango Fistral Low (poled version) recently but haven't had a chance to use it yet. When I do it will be attached to the Reimo Multirail.

I did a bit of measuring earlier and found that when the sliding door is open, the gap between the edge of the rail and the top of the door is 100mm whilst the top of the door is 25mm below the bottom edge of the Multirail attachment slot. If my calculations are correct, to touch the door, the angle the awning tunnel fabric would need to slope down is around 14° from the horizontal, so, even though the awning tunnel will slope down a bit the angle will be less than 14°. I believe the clearance should therefore be around 2mm between the fabric and the top of the door, which whilst not a lot, should allow the door to open without causing damage to the awning fabric.

SideDoorOpen.jpg

Last edited:
Back