Which Audio unit is this?

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Afternoon,

I am about to purchase a SWB T6 with DSG, 4Motion although i am unsure what head unit it has. I have looked on the web for it and find similar units but not the one below, can you elighten me?

T6 Stereo.jpg

It's a version of so called Composition Media. The Composition Colour (the baseline unit) would have only 3+3 buttons. The navigation unit would have two SD slots + NAV button, obviously.

1 - it’s a crappy Discover Media unit, not worth anything like the prices you see online
2 - it probably won’t work unless component protection has been removed

Edit - I re-read your post, if it’s already fitted then no problem, it’s not worth very much if you try to sell it on due to being coded to your van and it costing £170ish to get unlocked.

@ Insert Coin, brutally honest which I don’t mind at all. So on the back your post what would you replace it with?

I’m just bitter and twisted that I paid £1200 for mine and all it’s ever done is crash, reset etc.

I notice the T6.1 version is equally crap judging by the posts on here too.

If yours runs ok and your not big into Appconnect etc then by all means leave it as it is.

I replaced mine with a Kenwood, infinitely better in every way and annoyingly was also about £1200ish.

As I’ve said before on here, the Disco unit is the biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent.

I am moving from a 2018 Q5 which has amazing virtual dash and amazing stereo system hence I think I will be majorly disappointed with this heat unit. It’s just too small hence the move to a T6 T32.

My wife has a Q5 with the virtual colour speedo/nav thingy, yeah it’s a lovely bit of kit.

The T6 is a better all rounder though and the audio can be upgraded fairly cheaply starting with silent coat and some component speakers :cool:

I thought the Composition media did everything the Discover media did except the Sat Nav. (Which is why the second SD slot is missing - no maps needed)
App connect can be unlocked, then just use Google Maps for nav.

And how do you find lack of volume knob?
I have a MSFW but generally prefer using the rotary volume knob on the head unit itself. I am seriously thinking of changing the head unit but I think the lack of a volume knob would bother me.

I've retained the Disco unit but changed the speakers to 8" Focals and added a small inline Kenwood mini amp. Cheaper than a new head unit. I too prefer the volume rotary knob. Sounds pretty good now.

I have the Composition Colour, the most basic touch screen one. I really crave AppConnect, but really like the OEM look. Stealers wanted £795+vat for the Discovery Media unit fitted when I bought the van. No way I could stomach that.

The sound quality of mine is superb though, although the rear speakers seem weak when sitting in the front.

I have a MSFW but generally prefer using the rotary volume knob on the head unit itself.

That's just wrong. Having the power symbol on knob it any other way than vertical should not be allowed.

There is a solution to those without a MFSW tho',

That's just wrong. Having the power symbol on knob it any other way than vertical should not be allowed.

There is a solution to those without a MFSW tho',

Absolutely. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is allowed to touch my knob. :oops:

Any other thoughts on a replacement head unit for the T6 aside from the Kenwood 9190Dab?

Rarely touch my knob when i am driving. have to focus on the road you know :eek:

Back