Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

BD1E3925-3F53-4611-9073-40AD61BBF570.jpeg

(near the summit anyway)
I need an oxygen mask just looking at that picture from the summit. ;)

Cyclocross racing. This what the van is all about - a base to race from, warm and spacious on the inside, and with 4Motion and diff lock able to get out of sloping fields on wet grass with no fuss.

View attachment 183697
Ok. 2 things:
1. Someone has rudely leant a filthy CX bike against the bodywork if your van. You need to find them and tell them that this is totally unacceptable?
2. Muddy fields are not for transporters-4Mo or not. This is the domain of land rovers (proper ones-not the current stuff!)
:D

Not today but yesterday we took a drive to Brean Down for a walk on a spectacular winter day. We arrived at around 1030hrs and there was only a couple of spots left in the NT car park. A couple of hours later when we were on our way back to the van, it was chockers and some AHs had parked so that there was barely enough room to navigate around it. Only a few other VW vans there but a T5 had parked next to us by the time we got back (see red arrow). It was the first time that the van has been driven (or even started) since last October and a few issues (heated windscreen, Kenwood head unit screen and tyre inflater) raised their ugly heads but I'll probably post about them separately.
Brean.jpg
carpark.jpg

Down in Portsmouth for the weekend. Not in the van (it’s not been converted yet so no back seats) but we are parked in a travelodge car park surrounded by about 10 or so T6 and T6.1 caravelles owned by titan travel.

View attachment 184393

View attachment 184394
Portsmouth you say......Excellent!
Please leave a link to this post with reception in order to retain my details, as I still have a full set of new Devonports available. (The chavs of pompey will have no clue just how little they sell for!)
With 10 or so vans knocking about, there is a fair chance at least one of them be on blocks in the morning!
:uh run:

Last edited:
Today was work, work, work, the whole day.

I brought a mason to one of my properties to build a concrete base for a 1,100 lt water tank. Went twice to Home Depot for stuff needed to finish said concrete base.

Mine is still a 2018 LWB 2Lt TDI. I am nearing 87,000 km in the four years I have had it.

Back