Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Cracking site. Adults only, very peaceful and relaxing. Pitches backing onto snall river. Great owners. Our pitch is HUGE! Highly recommended.

*edit* forgot to add the SKY at night! OMG. Got up in the middle of the night for a wee ( at that age) and the sky was unbelievable. Even saw a shooting star!

Last edited:
A few nights down in Devon, right on the Cornish border. This was an important trip for me, I’ve been camping all my life and love everything about it, but the missus has always considered it purgatory (based on one, basic as it can be festival camping experience 25 years ago), so when I go away, it’s either with the kids and the dog, or old mates for a catch-up and a few beers. Finally got her to agree to come now that sleeping in the van is an option - and in her words, “that was alright, quite relaxing, I’ll do that again”. I’m taking that as a win :thumbsup:

FCE781BE-39E3-4FC4-9919-AAABC535DE42.jpeg

66893E90-F6F3-4914-A3BA-9AA373004EF4.jpeg

A few nights down in Devon, right on the Cornish border. This was an important trip for me, I’ve been camping all my life and love everything about it, but the missus has always considered it purgatory (based on one, basic as it can be festival camping experience 25 years ago), so when I go away, it’s either with the kids and the dog, or old mates for a catch-up and a few beers. Finally got her to agree to come now that sleeping in the van is an option - and in her words, “that was alright, quite relaxing, I’ll do that again”. I’m taking that as a win :thumbsup:

View attachment 170496

View attachment 170497
That’s a win!

A couple of nights away west of Oxford, just to get the boy outdoors and doing something active before he goes back to school next week.

Simple pitch with just the van to sleep in and the Berghaus Air Shelter as a living room (with EHU).

Day 1 - pitched up and spent the afternoon playing cards (while enjoying the view ;))

11D22128-6B17-4AA0-8EEF-DF6C5BCB89D5.jpeg

Day 2 - first attempt at stand up paddle boarding. We’ve got the bug. I stayed dry right up until I tried to push the boy off his board at the end of the session, but just ended up going in myself. Served me right and he laughed like a drain for a good 5 minutes. Great day out.

The Berghaus Air Shelter is a good bit of kit. Pitches in minutes with one inflation point, and if you stick a groundsheet and a couple of outdoor rugs down, it’s a pretty simple but cosy living space.

C84C9FE7-B939-48A2-8AD0-379650082FF9.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of nights away west of Oxford, just to get the boy outdoors and doing something active before he goes back to school next week.

Simple pitch with just the van to sleep in and the Berghaus Air Shelter as a living room (with EHU).

Day 1 - pitched up and spent the afternoon playing cards (while enjoying the view ;))

View attachment 170899

Day 2 - first attempt at stand up paddle boarding. We’ve got the bug. I stayed dry right up until I tried to push the boy off his board at the end of the session, but just ended up going in myself. Served me right and he laughed like a drain for a good 5 minutes. Great day out.

The Berghaus Air Shelter is a good bit of kit. Pitches in minutes with one inflation point, and if you stick a groundsheet and a couple of outdoor rugs down, it’s a pretty simple but cosy living space.

View attachment 170900
Brilliant! What it’s all about

Back