When advice is sought on forum [Resolved]

AussieMick

T6 Guru
When members post asking for advice on a problem or issue many will try to help with suggestions often involving many posts.
I always find it helpful when the original poster lets us all know when the issue is resolved as we all can learn from it .
Do others agree that its frustrating when we get no feedback and are left wondering what the problem was.

Definitely. Where I’ve found posts that have been rectified, I’ve added [Resolved] in the subject field; that way you can see at a glance what the issue is and whether it’s likely going to help you with your own issue. Plus, people like us like to see what the resolution is to a problem, so we can advise others. After all, a Transporter driver is more likely to ask us for advice than any other driver on the petrol forecourt.

Members can always edit their own / click on the report button and ask moderators to edit the title
to add the ‘resolved’ line to it, if you think this’ll help.

I’m loosing sleep over whether @Tourershine has fixed his bath draining issue.

It is always good to close the loop. We have the facility to see all of our posts so can have a scan and do some housekeeping every so often. Like many (I expect) I forget most of what I’ve posted!

I agree with the sentiment of this thread. If asking for advice and advice has been given, it is just good manors to reply, with at least thank you. A short comment if the solution worked or not or if the case is closed, for them. Sometimes, if a question has been raised and is of common interest, then folk may then go on and take it further. People are not then left wondering or concerned about the OP.

In other forums we edit the opening post with the solution or a link to it, not always possible if the particular forum enforces an edit window ;)

In other forums we edit the opening post with the solution or a link to it, not always possible if the particular forum enforces an edit window ;)
I’ve started doing that with a few that I’ve stumbled across.. it’s time intensive but seems to be a good option; no one likes scrolling past millions of images only to find that there’s no resolution.

I take it you mean like this:

If it’s time intensive, maybe do a script that searches the thread for the answer with the most likes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back