What tools do you carry?

I have a similar collection of small tools for most requirements of daily driving, all encased in a small leather pouch. Mainly old low value tools, but they still perform when you need 'em most. In the 80's & 90's when we were razzing about in Mk2's, my mates would take the P because I had (to them) a full 'RAC' boot. I've trimmed it back a bit now ;)

View attachment 98583, View attachment 98586 View attachment 98585

View attachment 98584
looks like an old GPO pouch?

Reactions: CAB
This is a useful little socket set. Halfords Professional range, with a lifetime guarantee. From 3.5mm to 14mm 1/4” drive and includes torx. Very well made too. About £25.

I’ve actually used it to change a battery for someone, and take the seats out once!

View attachment 72971
I have owned two of the larger Halfords Professional socket sets for over 20 yrs, never ever failed me. An absolute bargain as I got them both half price at the time. Highly recommended with the lifetime guarantee :thumbsup:

I'm feeling the need to refresh mine as well now! More expense. Must fight the urge not to end up like this though. The wife wouldn't be happy.View attachment 72983.
Holy shit, that’s one amazing haul of tools. I reckon there will not be one of those “No tools left in the van overnight” stickers on this vans bumper :oops:

A jack a wheel brace and my RAC card!

I used to have a full tool kit when I ran my minis as you never knew what going to go..and could actually fix things by the road side.

I guess you would be better of with a scanner these days but may as well leave it to the breakdown services as they can get parts on the go. (Audi TT coil pack springs to mind!)
A 1/2” spanner and a hammer is all that was needed for the old mini! Soon, a PhD in Computer Science might be needed!

Brilliant. I have pretty much an identical collection including the string aswell :) I love the old tools but often they just sit there. Somewhere I have another GPO type case that's complete. Dad had an affection for tools, as do I but he collected Footprint, Hillfoot, Britool and Tyzack etc. Working in and around Sheffield, I think most tools were sourced locally anyway in the 70's and 80's.

Brilliant. I have pretty much an identical collection including the string aswell :) I love the old tools but often they just sit there. Somewhere I have another GPO type case that's complete. Dad had an affection for tools, as do I but he collected Footprint, Hillfoot, Britool and Tyzack etc. Working in and around Sheffield, I think most tools were sourced locally anyway in the 70's and 80's.
And made with real steel!

I have owned two of the larger Halfords Professional socket sets for over 20 yrs, never ever failed me. An absolute bargain as I got them both half price at the time. Highly recommended with the lifetime guarantee :thumbsup:
Absolutely agree. I’ve got the larger one aswell, I think it was £99 about 15 years ago and it’s great. As you say, the guarantee is good. I’ve used it on a couple of occasions and there’s been no argument!

I'm another one in complete agreement on the quality of Halfords Pro socket sets. I have mine for around 20 years - never had to use the to use the warranty.

Absolutely agree. I’ve got the larger one aswell, I think it was £99 about 15 years ago and it’s great. As you say, the guarantee is good. I’ve used it on a couple of occasions and there’s been no argument!
Is this like the “Snap-on” no quibble warranty?

Carry one of these now, on my old van (Ford connect) :rolleyes: I left the hazards on for 6 hours whilst working and got a flat battery and didn’t have one. Not had to use it on the Transporter but have used it 3 times on other peoples cars, great bit of kit.
View attachment 98638
The one item that is permanently in a cargo net in the back of the van. Great for torch and water lights to. Oh and charging usb devices :thumbsup:

I'm another one in complete agreement on the quality of Halfords Pro socket sets. I have mine for around 20 years - never had to use the to use the warranty.
An absolute bargain, I stopped buying snap on as these ratchet kits are so good at a fraction of snap on kit.

Back